Fence Lake, New Mexico
|• Total||3.00 sq mi (7.77 km2)|
|• Land||3.00 sq mi (7.77 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||7,070 ft (2,150 m)|
|• Density||5.66/sq mi (2.19/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (Mountain (MST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (MDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0898775|
Fence Lake is a census-designated place located in southwestern Cibola County, New Mexico, United States. Designated in 1980 by the United States Census Bureau, Fence Lake had a population of 42 as of the 2010 census. The area is largely ranchland, and there are few businesses there. It was named after a small village which is contained within its boundaries.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the 2010 census, the population of the Fence Lake CDP was 42, consisting of 23 households, of which 11 were families. Females were 54.8% of the population. The racial make-up of the CDP was 26.2% Native American, 71.4% White, and 2.4% Asian. Hispanic or Latino of any race was 4.8% of the population.
Average rainfall, inches: January 1.1; February 1.1; March 1.2; April 0.7; May 0.7; June 0.5; July 2.4; August 2.6; September 1.6; October 0.9; November 0.9; December 1.0; Year 14.8
There is a post office located in the village of Fence Lake, serving the zip code 87315.
The stage in the old school house
The start of the parade
The chuck wagon
Fine words by local Manion Long
The lake bed today southeast of the village
Post office in 2009
Aggressive Christianity Missionary Training Corps
Shim Ra Na Ekklisia (also called Miracle River) is located near Fence Lake. It is a small community of Christians about 10 miles (16 km) to the east of the town. In July 1997, Deborah and Jim Green purchased 640 acres (260 ha), originally parts of the old Tingle Ranch at that location from Jonnie Head Real Estate. The Greens use the Fence Lake Post Office to mail out their publications.
- "ArcGIS REST Services Directory". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved October 12, 2022.
- "Census Population API". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved October 12, 2022.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Fence Lake CDP, New Mexico". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved October 20, 2014.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Fence Lake CDP, New Mexico". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved October 20, 2014.
- FENCE LAKE, Cibola (formerly Valencia County) data derived from NCDC Cooperative Stations. 25 complete years between 1933 and 1995
- "2020 CENSUS - SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP: Cibola County, NM" (PDF). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved July 12, 2022.
- Aggressive Christianity-Home of Shim Ra Na Holy Tribal Nation