|Date of birth:||November 17, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Houston, Texas|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||260 lb (118 kg)|
|NFL Draft:||2010 / Round: 6 / Pick: 170|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
Fendi Onobun (born November 17, 1986) is an American football tight end who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the St. Louis Rams in the sixth round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at Houston. He has also been a member of the Seattle Seahawks, Washington Redskins and Chicago Bears.
Onobun began his college career playing basketball at The University of Arizona in 2006. He was recruited by Lute Olson.
Onobun played four years of basketball at the University of Arizona. He joined the Houston Cougars football team in 2009 and played an important role on special teams. He appeared in 11 games and hauled in a 15-yard catch against SMU for the first reception of his career. Onobun blocked two extra points against C-USA rival Southern Miss and caught an 18-yard touchdown against Memphis.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 5½ in||252 lb||32¾ in||10¼ in||4.48 s||x s||x s||4.15 s||6.78 s||37½ in||11 ft 1 in||16 reps||x|
|Values from Houston NFL pro day|
St. Louis Rams
Onobun signed a four-year $1.92 million deal with a signing bonus of $129,000. Onobun, considered a risky pick, made the St. Louis Rams opening day roster in 2010. He was waived during final cuts on September 3, 2011.
The Buffalo Bills signed Onobun on December 9, 2011. He was cut on August 26, 2012.
Second stint with Jaguars
Onobun was signed by the Jaguars on August 7, 2014. He was waived/injured on August 20 and spent the season on injured reserve. He became a free agent after the 2014 season.
- "FENDI ONOBUN's University of Houston NFL Pro Day 2010". NFL-101.info. 2010-08-22. Archived from the original on 2011-07-21. Retrieved 2010-09-01.
- "Bears signed TE Fendi Onobun to a reserve/future contract.". FantasySP. 2013-01-10. Archived from the original on 2014-08-08. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
- Mayer, Larry (2013-08-30). "Bears cut 17 players, still have five to go". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- Biggs, Brad (2013-09-01). "Bears sign rookie DE Bass; QB Johnson joins practice squad". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- Weiderer, Dan (2014-07-19). "Bears release tight end Onobun". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2014-07-19.