8 June 1976 |
|Known for||Art Nation
The Movie Show
The Sound Lab
Fenella Kernebone is an Australian radio and television presenter, MC and interviewer, based in Sydney, with a long record working across the arts, film, music, design, architecture and culture. Her most recent hosting roles include the presenter of By Design on Radio National and The Sound Lab on Triple J.
She started at Triple J in 1998 and began presenting the Triple J's arts program Creatures of the Spotlight (Sunday nights 9-11PM pre 1999), which she later renamed Artery (1999–2003).
From 2003 - 2014 she presented the cult electronic music show The Sound Lab on Triple J. After 11 years on air, she announced that she was finishing her program in December 2014, with the final show going to air on 14 December 2014.
At the beginning of 2012 she began a new role as the host of By Design on Radio National, with the final program going to in later January 2015.
From 2010 - 2012 was the host of ABC TV's arts show, Art Nation every Sunday on ABC1.
As a presenter and host, Fenella Kernebone moderates panels and forums as well as being an MC and host. Recent MC roles have included the WA and NSW Institute of Architects Awards, APRA Art Music Awards, Semi Permanent and the 200th Anniversary of Royal Doulton. In 2015 she anchored the Hosting Hub of the TedxSydney live stream at the Sydney Opera House and she also hosted the TedxSydney live show in Sydney Opera House, Studio in 2014.
- "Fenella Kernebone: 2ser Alumni". CBOnline. Retrieved 2 March 2010.
- Noonan, Andie. "Confessions of an art junkie". Star Observer. Retrieved 2 March 2010.
- "People – Fenella Kernebone". Triple J. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 2 March 2010.
- Trackwork - The Podcast. http://fenellakernebone.com/2015/06/12/trackwork-the-podcast/. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- Royal Doulton celebrates 200 years of ceramics. http://thedesignwriter.com.au/royal-doulton-celebrates-200-years-of-ceramics/. Retrieved 30 April 2015
- rt does belong. Portrait of Fenella Kernebone by Nick Stathopoulos. Archibald Prize 2012. Art Gallery NSW. http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/prizes/archibald/2012/29249/