Feng Office Community Edition
188.8.131.52 / September 16, 2016
|Operating system||Cross-platform, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows|
|Type||Online office suite|
Feng Office Community Edition (formerly OpenGoo) is an open-source collaboration platform developed and supported by Feng Office and the OpenGoo community. It is a fully featured online office suite with a similar set of features as other online office suites, like G Suite, Microsoft Office Live, Zimbra, LibreOffice Online and Zoho Office Suite. The application can be downloaded and installed on a server.
Feng Office Community Edition main features include project management, document management, contact management, e-mail and time management. Text documents and presentations can be created and edited online. Files can be uploaded, organized and shared, independent of file formats.
Feng Office Community Edition is distributed under the GNU Affero General Public License, version 3.
The server could run on any operating system. The system needs the following packages:
On the client side, the user is only required to use a modern Web browser.
OpenGoo started as a degree project at the faculty of Engineering of the University of the Republic, Uruguay. The project was presented and championed by Software Engineer Conrado Viña. Software Engineers Marcos Saiz and Ignacio de Soto developed the first prototype as their thesis. Professors Eduardo Fernández and Tomás Laurenzo served as tutors. Conrado, Ignacio and Marcos founded the OpenGoo community and remain active members and core developers. The thesis was approved with the highest score.
Currently there is a second project for OpenGoo at the same University being developed by students Fernando Rodríguez, Ignacio Vázquez and Juan Pedro del Campo. Their project aims to build an open source Web-based spreadsheet.
On December 2009 the OpenGoo name was changed to Feng Office Community Edition.
- Collaborative software
- Free Software licensing
- List of AGPL web applications
- List of project management software
- "Team Collaboration". Feng Office. Retrieved 2013-04-24.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-09-02. Retrieved 2008-08-30.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Web Collaboration Software & Services". Thinkofit.com. 2012-12-19. Retrieved 2013-04-24.
- "OpenGoo: A Sticky Application | Art Imitates Life". Artduszynski.com. 2008-07-08. Retrieved 2013-04-24.
- "Tomás Laurenzo".
- "OpenGoo is now Feng Office". Opengoo.org. Archived from the original on 2012-09-16. Retrieved 2013-04-24.