|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
East China University of Science and Technology Fengxian Campus
Fengxian in Shanghai
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Fengxian District, is a suburban district of Shanghai with a land area of 704.68 km2 (272.08 sq mi), a registered population (as of 2010) of 1,083,400, and 1.5 to 2 times more migrants. It is known for its relative rusticity, as well as its beaches and ocean resorts. Bihai Jinsha (碧海金沙, lit. "Blue Sea, Gold Beach") is a common place for Shanghainese to spend their weekend.
Nanqiao is a major town in Fengxian district, which recent development has more than doubled in size. Of particular interest is Guhua Park which contains the "Three Women Temple" or "Ancestral Hall" (三女祠, Sān Nǚ Cí). During the Zhou dynasty, the King of Wu's three daughters hanged themselves rather than be caught by the King of Yue's soldiers. The town is also a short taxi ride from Xinghai Beach and its resorts, also slated for development. Nanqiao has a 1000-bed medical center, the Fengxian District Central Hospital, which is an all-discipline tertiary hospital.[clarification needed]
Nanqiao is about 30 minutes from downtown Shanghai by car or about 1–2 hours by public transit. It can be reached by taking the Line 1 subway to Xinzhuang and transferring to the Line 5 subway to Dongchuan Road. Alternatively, one can transfer to the Xinnan Bus[clarification needed] at Xinzhuang, the Nanmei Line (南梅线) from Jinjiang Park to Nanqiao Bus Station (南桥汽车站), or the Shangfeng Bus[clarification needed] at the Shanghai South Railway Station Station's South Square.
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Shanghainese Romanization||Population (2010)||Area (km2)|
|Xidu Subdistrict||西渡街道||Xīdù Jiēdào||sij du ka do||361,185||28.77|
|Nanqiao Town||南桥镇||Nánqiáo Zhèn||neu djio tzen||114.68|
|Fengcheng Town||奉城镇||Fèngchéng Zhèn||von zen tzen||176,938||110.65|
|Zhuanghang Town||庄行镇||Zhuāngháng Zhèn||tzaon raon tzen||62,388||70.00|
|Jinhui Town||金汇镇||Jīnhuì Zhèn||cin we tzen||108,264||71.72|
|Situan Town||四团镇||Sìtuán Zhèn||sy deu tzen||65,389||74.10|
|Qingcun Town||青村镇||Qīngcūn Zhèn||tsin tsen tzen||89,163||74.31|
|Zhelin Town||柘林镇||Zhèlín Zhèn||tzau lin tzen||62,589||73.50|
|Haiwan Town||海湾镇||Hǎiwān Zhèn||he ue tzen||28,457||100.60|
|Fengpu Community||奉浦社区||Fèngpǔ Shèqū||von phu zau chiu||57,341||20.80|
|Shanghai Fengxian Bay Tourism Zone||上海市奉贤区海湾旅游区||Shànghǎi Shì Fèngxián Qū Hǎiwān Lǚyóuqū||zaon he zy von yi chiu he ue liu yoe chiu||29,151||13.20|
|Jinhai Community||金海社区||Jīnhǎi Shèqū||cin he zau chiu||32,123||18.49|
|Shanghai Seaport Comprehensive Economic Development Zone||上海海港综合经济开发区||Shànghǎi Hǎigǎng Zònghé Jīngjì Kāifāqū||zaon he kaon tzon keq cin tzij khe faq chiu||10,475||15.00|
- shi, Guo wu yuan ren kou pu cha ban gong; council, Guo jia tong ji ju ren kou he jiu ye tong ji si bian = Tabulation on the 2010 population census of the people's republic of China by township / compiled by Population census office under the state; population, Department of; statistics, employment statistics national bureau of (2012). Zhongguo 2010 nian ren kou pu cha fen xiang, zhen, jie dao zi liao (Di 1 ban. ed.). Beijing Shi: Zhongguo tong ji chu ban she. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- "Contact Us." M&G Stationery. Retrieved on April 19, 2014. "Add:3469 Jinqian Rd, Guangming Economic Zone, Fengxian District, Shanghai, China Zip:201406 " Map - Chinese address: "上海市奉贤区光明经济开发区金钱公路3469号. 电话：, 021-57474488."
- "Fengxian District". Encyclopedia of Shanghai. Shanghai Municipal Government. 2010. Archived from the original on 2013-03-02.
- Media related to Fengxian District at Wikimedia Commons
- News related to Three firefighters killed in blaze at Chinese plastics factory at Wikinews
|This Shanghai location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|