Fenton High School (Michigan)
|Fenton High School|
3200 West Shiawassee Avenue
|Color(s)||Orange and Black|
Fenton High School is a public high school located in Fenton, Michigan, United States. In 2008 the school received International Baccalaureate (IB) Authorization. The high school has over 1,200 students.
This section does not cite any sources. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The current high school was built in 1969 and the entire Fenton Area Public Schools complex has evolved over decades; the high school recently underwent major renovations and expansion. In 2006, a new addition was made to the English wing of the school. In 2007, the building underwent renovations to expand the fine arts wing, pool, and lunchroom, and to add an auxiliary gym. With these new renovations, the High School now offers an IB Diploma Programme curriculum.
The previous Fenton High School, which was first built in the 1890s and was expanded in 1938 and 1949, became a middle school, and, with the 2000 opening of Andrew G. Schmidt Middle School (known locally as 'AGS') which shares the Fenton Area Public School complex with the high school, Ellen Street Academy. Southern Lakes Parks and Recreation is also housed at Ellen Street Academy.
|County B League||?||1968|
- Kenny Allen (class of 2012), Baltimore Ravens, former University of Michigan placekicker and punter
- Myles Jury, wrestler; professional mixed martial arts fighter
- Jill Ann Weatherwax (class of 1988), model and singer, was murdered in 1998.
- "Fenton Senior High School". School Directory Information. National Venter for Education Statistics. Retrieved 8 October 2019.
- "Fenton Senior High School: IB Diploma Program". edline.net. Retrieved 7 February 2017.
- Tunnicliff, Greg. "Balance, competitiveness, friendships keep league rolling". Flint Journal. Advance Newspapers. p. 2. Archived from the original on 2012-12-10. Retrieved 2007-09-17.
- "HISTORY OF FLINT METRO LEAGUE MEMBERSHIP". Archived from the original (DOC) on 2011-07-11. Retrieved 2007-09-18.