This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Number of employees
Feral Interactive is a British video games developer and publisher for macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, Nintendo Switch and Microsoft Windows platforms. It was founded in 1996 for bringing games to Mac and specialises in porting games to different platforms.
Feral have partnered with publishers like Square Enix Europe, 2K Games, Sega Europe, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Codemasters to port and publish their games for platforms that the publishers themselves are not supporting. Its ported games to Mac and Linux include the Total War series and Batman: Arkham series, Tomb Raider and XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Feral offers its published games via Mac App Store, Steam, Epic Games Store and its own Feral Store.
From 1996 to 2013, Feral Interactive published games exclusively for macOS. In June 2014, Feral released its first game for Linux, XCOM: Enemy Unknown. In November 2016, Feral released its first game for iOS, Rome: Total War for iPad, following in November 2017 with its first iOS release simultaneously for both iPhone and iPad, GRID Autosport. Feral's first Android release, Rome: Total War, came in December 2018. Feral Interactive then moved into development for Nintendo Switch, with their first title developed for the platform being GRID Autosport, released in September 2019. Feral developed the remaster of Rome: Total War in collaboration with Creative Assembly, released in April 2021, which is its first game for Windows.
- "job posting for C/C++ Cross Platform Game Programmer". Feral Interactive. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
Feral is currently a team of around a hundred people
- Madnani, Mikhail (14 January 2021). "An Interview With Feral Interactive on Bringing Games to iOS, a Potential 'Alien: Isolation' Port, Mobile Game Pricing, Working With Nintendo Switch, and More". TouchArcade.
- Lane, Gavin (19 December 2020). "Feature: Feral Interactive On The Pleasures And Pitfalls Of Porting To Switch". Nintendo Life.
- Stern, Z. (12 January 2007). "Feral Interactive product update (Macworld Expo)". Engadget.
- "About Feral Interactive". Feral Interactive. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- Schramm, M. (14 January 2011). "Feral Interactive offers digital downloads on multiple online stores". Engadget.
- "The Feral Store - Buy Mac and Linux games!". store.feralinteractive.com. Feral Interactive. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- Dawe, Liam (19 June 2014). "XCOM: Enemy Unknown Released For Linux". GamingOnLinux.
- "XCOM: Enemy Unknown for Linux is Fully Operational". Feral Interactive. 19 June 2014.
- "Conquer and rule the ancient world from your iPad with ROME: Total War". Feral Interactive. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Console-quality racing comes to iOS with GRID Autosport". Feral Interactive. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "The full glory of ROME: Total War — now on Android". Feral Interactive. Retrieved 10 January 2020.
- "Race anytime, anywhere: GRID™ Autosport launched for Nintendo Switch". Feral Interactive. Retrieved 10 January 2020.
- Tapsell, Chris (25 March 2021). "In a series-first, the classic Rome: Total War is getting an extensive remaster". Eurogamer.
- Kruse, Cord (16 October 2006). "The Movies Awarded a BAFTA". insidemacgames.com. Archived from the original on 5 November 2006.
- Lowensohn, Josh (11 June 2012). "Apple announces 2012 Design Award winners". CNET.
- "Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition Receives an Apple Design Award". Feral Interactive.