Johan H. Andresen jr. (CEO)|
Grace Skaugen (Chairman)
|Revenue||NOK 19,364 million (2017)|
|NOK 1,192 million (2017)|
|NOK 1,096 million (2017)|
|Total equity||NOK 24,926 million (2017)|
|Owner||Johan H. Andresen jr.|
Number of employees
Ferd is a Norwegian holding company which holds partial ownership in companies within industry and finance as well as a real estate portfolio. The company has 37 employees and is owned by Johan H. Andresen and his two daughters Katharina and Alexandra; it was established in 2001. The group also has a number of venture and private equity holdings.
The company's name ferd is a Norwegian word meaning journey.
The company operates in several business areas including:
- Ferd Capital and Ferd Invest, an investor in private and public companies in Norway making investments from the company's balance sheets
- Ferd External Managers, a fund of funds making investments in hedge funds, private equity funds and mutual funds
- Ferd Real Estate, manages approximately 70,000 square meters of real estate
- Herkules Capital (formerly Ferd Private Equity) makes private equity investments
The company was founded in 2001, when Tiedemanns-Joh. H. Andresen DA and Hartog & Co AS were merged to form the current Ferd AS. The company's history dates back to 1849, when the Andresen family acquired J. L. Tiedemanns Tobaksfabrik, a tobacco factory. The original tobacco company was sold to Skandinavisk Tobakskompagni in 1998.
Ferd Private Equity, renamed Herkules Capital after its spinout in 2008, makes private equity investments on behalf of third party investors through leveraged buyouts and growth capital infusions Herkules currently manages approximately NOK 6.25 billion. Ferd Private Equity was established in 2003 with Ferd serving as the cornerstone investor in the group's first fund. Ferd raised a new fund in 2006 and completed a spinout in March 2008.
Ferd's portfolio consists, among others, of:
- "Tiedemanns blir Ferd AS," Norwegian News Agency, 30 April 2001
- Halvorsen, Marit Tronier (17 October 2014). "Her er Norges rikeste". dn.no (in Norwegian). Dagens Næringsliv. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- "Ferd Private Equity spins out, renames itself Herkules Archived 2008-06-12 at the Wayback Machine.." AltAssets, March 17, 2008