|Died||11 July 1912 (aged 76)|
He was an Associate Professor of Medical Physics at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Strasbourg in 1871. Later, he was the director of the Ophthalmic Clinic of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Nancy from 1872 to 1877. He was also Professor of medical physics at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Lyon from 1877 to 1909.
Monoyer died at the age of 76 years. His tomb is located in the Cimetière de la Guillotière in Lyon. On Saturday 13 July 1912, a long procession of friends and members of the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Lyon accompanied Professor Monoyer to his final resting place; Professor Hugounenq traced Monoyer's career as chair at the University of Lyon, Associate Professor Nogier spoke on behalf of the students of the late master and Louis Dor made a speech on behalf of the Ophthalmological Society of Lyon.
The speech made in Monoyer's honour by the President of Société nationale de Médecine de Lyon during the 11 November 1912 session of the Société was concluded as such: "To the memory of this scholar, the Medical Society bows with respect and sadness; she has lost a friend who was also her counselor who knew to think and to reflect." 
- "MONOYER (Ferdinand)". BIU Santé. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Vergence, vision, and geometric optics" (PDF). American Journal of Physics. 43 (9): 766–769. 1 September 1975. doi:10.1119/1.9703. ISSN 0002-9505.
- Koki, G.; Bella, A.-L.; Ndocko, K.-E. Mbassi; Epée, E.; Mvogo, C. Ebana; Bella, A.-L.; Ndocko, K.-E. Mbassi; Eballé, A. Omgbwa. "Complications oculaires, à l'exclusion de la rétinopathie diabétique, chez le jeune diabétique de type 1, au Cameroun". Médecine des Maladies Métaboliques. 7 (5): 473–476. doi:10.1016/s1957-2557(13)70546-7.
- "Le test d'acuité visuelle Monoyer cache le nom de son inventeur". secouchermoinsbete.fr (in French). Retrieved 11 September 2014.
- Various (July 1912). "LE PROFESSEUR FERDINAND MONOYER". Lyon médical : Gazette médicale et Journal de médecine réunis (in French). Société médicale des hôpitaux de Lyon. CXIX (27). ISSN 0024-7790. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- Wundt, L. D. W. (1871). Traité élémentaire de physique médicale [Elementary Treatise of Medical Physics.] (in French). Paris: JB Bailliere et Fils. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
|This biography related to medicine in France is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|