Ferdinand Township, Dubois County, Indiana
The Monastery of Immaculate Conception in Ferdinand
Location of Ferdinand Township in Dubois County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||37.34 sq mi (96.7 km2)|
|• Land||37.04 sq mi (95.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2)|
|Elevation||492 ft (150 m)|
|• Density||98/sq mi (38/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453294|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.34 square miles (96.7 km2), of which 37.04 square miles (95.9 km2) (or 99.20%) is land and 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2) (or 0.80%) is water. Camp Ground Lake is in this township.
The Ferdinand State Forest and lake is also located in Ferdinand Township.
Cities and towns
- Jackson Township (north)
- Jefferson Township (northeast)
- Clark Township, Perry County (southeast)
- Harrison Township, Spencer County (south)
- Carter Township, Spencer County (southwest)
- Cass Township (west)
- Patoka Township (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries, Pinkston-Hagan Cemetery and St. Ferdinand Catholic Church Cemetery.
- "Ferdinand Township, Dubois County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.