Ferdinando Brachetti Peretti
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ferdinando Brachetti Peretti
|Born||13 January 1960|
|Occupation||Chairman and CEO of API Group|
Ferdinando Maria Brachetti Peretti (born in Rome on January 13 1960), from the wealthy Brachetti Peretti family, is Chairman and CEO of an Italian energy company, API Group.
Early life and education
Brachetti Peretti's father, Count Aldo Maria Brachetti Peretti, was for thirty years, until September 2007, head of the family Group “API” (Anonima Petroli Italiana), founded by his maternal grandfather Cav. Del Lavoro Ferdinando Peretti. His mother, Mila, worked for more than 30 years in the Red Cross and is the only woman in Italy to carry the military grade of General.
After graduating from high school with a diploma in classical studies, Brachetti Peretti enrolled in the School of Business and Economics at the University of Rome (“La Sapienza”). During his studies he served his military service as an official in the Carabinieri in 1980-1981 in Naples, achieving a Solemn Encomium for the 1980 Irpinia earthquake from the President of Republic.
Brachetti Peretti began his career in 1983 in the family company, the energy group API Anonima Petroli Italiana – IP Italiana Petroli 100% owned by API Holding, of which he is, together with his brothers, 100% shareholder. His father, head of the Group for 30 years, delegated full powers to Brachetti Peretti in September 2007. He is Chairman and CEO of API Holding, the financial safe of all the API Group companies and Chairman of the two sub-holdings of the electric sector, Api Energia and Api Nova Energia. He is also Chairman member of the Coordination Committee of the API Group. He moved to London for four years where he initiated the petroleum trading office. He then transferred to Paris for two years, to study administration and finance after an internship at the Paribas Bank; he returned to the headquarters in Rome in the 1990s, taking growing responsibilities in other sectors of the Group. In November 2017 Brachetti Peretti, as Chairman and CEO of API Holding, oversaw the company’s acquisition of Total/Erg which was reported to be valued at around €650m.
In March 2017 Brachetti Peretti married entrepreneur and investor Nicole Junkermann. They have a daughter, Vita, born in December 2017. Brachetti Peretti was formerly married to Princess Mafalda Margarethe von Hessen, daughter of Prince Moritz of Hesse and Princess Tatiana of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. They have two sons, Cosmo and Briano. Von Hessen and Brachetti Peretti were divorced in 2014.
- Reginato, James (August 2014). "How Elsa Peretti Survived Studio 54–era New York". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "Mila Peretti".
- "Brachetti Peretti lascia la guida ai figli dal "Corriere della Sera" del 21.09.2007".
- "CEO Api Holding". Archived from the original on 2011-07-22.
- "Utili e debiti in calo per l'Api dei Brachetti Peretti". MilanoFinanza.it (in Italian). 2017-07-06. Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- "Un buon lavoro quello di Ferdinando Brachetti Peretti nella sua Api Holding - PRIMO PIANO". ItaliaOggi (in Italian). Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- "Ferdinando Brachetti Peretti - "Specchio Economico"".
- "Api acquista il 100 per cento della rete di distributori Total Erg: è primo operatore". Il Sole 24 ORE (in Italian). 2017-11-03. Retrieved 2017-11-20.
- "Api acquisisce il 100% di Total Erg". Adnkronos (in Italian). 2017-11-03. Retrieved 2017-11-20.
- "Il Gruppo api cresce nel settore petrolifero: acquisito il 100% di TotalErg - Agir". Agir - Agenzia Giornalistica Repubblica (in Italian). 2017-11-04. Retrieved 2017-11-20.
- "Count F.M. Brachetti-Peretti and Miss N. Junkermann - Marriages Announcements". Telegraph Announcements. 2017-03-24. Retrieved 2017-11-20.
- "Il Foglio - VirtualNEWSPAPER - 20/12/2017". edicola.ilfoglio.it. Retrieved 2018-01-22.
- "Le strane coppie della Biennale da «Corriere della Sera» del 06.05.2011".
- "Il cuore tenebroso (e feroce) di un' Africa rosso sangue da «Corriere della Sera» del 12.06.2011".
- "Un pozzo di creatività – da Panorama del 20/07/2011" (PDF).
- (in Italian) API Energia website