Fergburger Logo at entrance to shop
|Private limited liability company|
|Founded||22 December 2000|
Fergburger is a hamburger restaurant located in Queenstown, New Zealand. Fergburger specialises in gourmet hamburgers, and is quite well known internationally despite not being a chain and only having one location. Their burgers include those prepared with lamb, cod, falafel, a swine-and-chicken mix and venison.
Fergburger started in February 2001, operating out of a garage off Cow Lane, its obscure location making it hard to find but conversely giving it something of a novelty status, relying on word of mouth to attract customers. It is now located on Shotover Street next to the new addition of Ferg Baker.
Ferg Baker is a new premises which was an expansion of Fergburger and opened for business in 2011. It is a bakery that sells pies, pastries, sandwiches, breads and cakes.
- "Fergburger Limited (1109504) -- Companies Register". New Zealand Companies Office. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- "New Zealand's growing appetite for gourmet and premium burgers". Stuff. 23 February 2016. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- Dodgshun, Joe. "Fergburger rates in UK". News » Queenstown Lakes. Allied Press Limited.
- "Fergburger: Best burger in New Zealand? Or the world?". CNN. 2015-02-11. Retrieved 2017-12-27.
- "New Zealand burger restaurant named among Lonely Planet's best burger experiences". Stuff. 28 October 2015. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- Best in Travel 2016: The Best Trends, Destinations, Journeys & Experiences for the Year Ahead. Lonely Planet Publications. 2015. p. pt299. ISBN 978-1-74360-977-4. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- Beech, James. "Fergbaker sees brand expand". News » Queenstown Lakes. Allied Press Limited.