Département de Ferkessédougou
Location in Ivory Coast. Ferkessédougou Department has had these boundaries since 2012.
|1969||Established as a first-level subdivision|
|1997||Converted to a second-level subdivision|
|2008||Divided to create Ouangolodougou Dept|
|2011||Converted to a third-level subdivision|
|2012||Divided to create Kong Dept|
|• Prefect||Diakité Soualiho|
|Time zone||GMT (UTC+0)|
Ferkessédougou Department is a department of Tchologo Region in Savanes District, Ivory Coast. In 2014, its population was 143,263 and its seat is the settlement of Ferkessédougou. The sub-prefectures of the department are Ferkessédougou, Koumbala, and Togoniéré.
Ferkessédougou Department was created in 1969 as one of the 24 new departments that were created to take the place of the six departments that were being abolished. It was created from territory that was formerly part of Nord Department. Using current boundaries as a reference, from 1969 to 2008 the department occupied the same territory that is Tchologo Region.
In 1997, regions were introduced as new first-level subdivisions of Ivory Coast; as a result, all departments were converted into second-level subdivisions. Ferkessédougou Department was included as part of Savanes Region.
In 2011, districts were introduced as new first-level subdivisions of Ivory Coast. At the same time, regions were reorganised and became second-level subdivisions and all departments were converted into third-level subdivisions. At this time, Ferkessédougou Department became part of Tchologo Region in Savanes District.
- "Préfets de Région et de Préfets de Département (Conseil des ministres du mercredi 26 septembre 2012)", abidjan.net, 2 October 2012.
- "Côte d'Ivoire". geohive.com. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Regions of Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)", statoids.com, accessed 16 February 2016.
- Décret n° 2008-96 du 5 mars 2008 portant création des départements de Bettié, Botro, Guéyo, Koro, Kouto, Ouangolodougou, Sinématiali, Tiapoum, Yakassé-Attobrou et Zoukougbeu.
- "Le décret n° 2012-611 du 04 juillet 2012 portant création des Départements de Djékanou, Sipilou, Kong, Gbéléban, Taabo, Kouassi-Kouassikro, Méagui, Séguélon, Buyo, M'Bengué, Facobly et Dianra".
|This Savanes District location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|