Fernandão (footballer, born 1987)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Fernandão in action for Bursaspor in 2014
|Full name||José Fernando Viana de Santana|
|Date of birth||27 March 1987|
|Place of birth||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Height||1.94 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|2008||→ Flamengo (loan)||1||(0)|
|2009||→ Volta Redonda (loan)||5||(2)|
|2010||→ Macaé (loan)||13||(4)|
|2010||→ Paysandu (loan)||4||(0)|
|2011||→ Democrata-GV (loan)||11||(8)|
|2011||→ Guarani (loan)||16||(5)|
|2011–2012||→ Palmeiras (loan)||26||(5)|
|2013||→ Bahia (loan)||35||(14)|
|2013–2015||→ Bursaspor (loan)||48||(32)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 May 2019|
After a journeyman career in his homeland, he had a five-year spell in Turkish football with Bursaspor and Fenerbahçe, totalling 93 games and 49 goals in the Süper Lig. With the former in 2014–15, he was the league's top scorer with 22 goals.
In August 2010 he was signed by Paysandu Sport Club for 2010 Campeonato Brasileiro Série C. In January 2011 he was signed by Democrata de Governador Valadares for 2011 Campeonato Mineiro. He signed a seven-month contract with Guarani on 19 May 2011, but soon departed to Palmeiras, on 26 August 2011. Fernandão's first appearance for Palmeiras came in the derby against Corinthians on 28 August 2011, where he came as a substitute at half time and scored 7 minutes later giving Palmeiras an important 2-1 victory.
In the 2014–15 season, he finished the campaign as the league's top scorer with 22 goals. He also netted on 22 May 2015 as Bursaspor came from behind to win their Turkish Cup semi-final against Fenerbahçe at the Şükrü Saracoğlu Stadium. Twelve days later as they hosted the final against league champions Galatasaray, Fernandão opened the scoring after Alex Telles conceded a penalty in the 25th minute, but Bursaspor lost 3–2.
On 25 June 2015, Fenerbahçe agreed to sign Fernandão on a four-year deal. On 28 July, he made his club debut against Shakhtar Donetsk in a UEFA Champions League qualifying play-off game. His league debut was on 14 August, during which he scored the second goal from the edge of the penalty area in a 2–0 win at Eskişehirspor.
On 12 June 2018, Fernandão signed a two-year deal with Al-Wehda Club of the Saudi Professional League, with the option of a third year. He was brought in by Brazilian manager Fábio Carille, who enlisted several other compatriots into the squad.
- As of 6 June 2017.
|Career total (in Turkey)||93||49||34||19||0||0||19||7||171||89|
Campeonato Carioca : 2008
Copa do Brasil : 2012
Campeonato Baiano : 2019
- CBF BID-E Record on 26 August 2011 Archived 15 January 2013 at Archive.today
- Baş, Hakan (31 May 2015). "Curtain falls on Turkish Super League". Daily Sabah. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "Bursa runs riot to set up Cup final date with Galatasaray". Today's Zaman. 22 May 2015. Archived from the original on 3 June 2015. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "Galatasaray beats Bursaspor 3-2 to win Ziraat Turkish Cup". Daily Sabah. Andolu. 3 June 2015. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "Van Persie handed Super Lig debut as Fenerbahce cruise". FourFourTwo. 14 August 2015. Retrieved 14 August 2015.
- Caparica, Anselmo (12 June 2018). "Time de Carille contrata Fernandão, do Fenerbahçe, e espera Roger Guedes" [Carille's team signs Fernandão, from Fenerbahçe, and hopes for Roger Guedes] (in Portuguese). Globo. Retrieved 28 September 2018.
- "Fernandão". Soccerway. Retrieved 5 June 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to José Fernando Viana de Santana.|