|The Municipality of
Location of Fernandopolis
|Mesoregion||São José do Rio Preto|
|• Mayor||Ana Maria Matoso Bim|
|• Total||550 km2 (210 sq mi)|
|Elevation||535 m (1,755 ft)|
|• Density||117.62/km2 (304.6/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-3 (UTC-3)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-2 (UTC-2)|
|Area code(s)||+55 17|
|Website||Fernandópolis, São Paulo|
The beginning of the city has relation with the cattle creation in the region and the opening of a "cow road" (Estrada Boiadeira) in the beginning of the 20th century. The coffee production in the region begins in 1917.
Fernandópolis is located on the northwest of São Paulo state, 555 km from the city of São Paulo.
The Tertiary sector is the economic basis of Fernandópolis. Commerce, services and public administration corresponds to 69.6% of the city GDP. Industry is 26.7% of the GDP, and the Primary sector corresponds to 3.6%.
- Population: 64.696 (IBGE/2010)
- Area: 550.0 km² (166.5 sq mi)
- Population density: 117.62/km² (2,451.5/sq mi)
- Urbanization: 96.9% (2010)
- Sex ratio (Males to Females): 94.77 (2011)
- Birth rate: 10.10/1,000 inhabitants (2009)
- Infant mortality: 7.69/1,000 births (2009)
- HDI: 0.832 (UNDP/2000)
The city has a professional football team, the Fernandópolis Futebol Clube.
- "Population at "Censo 2010"" (PDF) (in Portuguese). IBGE.gov.br. Retrieved 8 Jul 2011.
- "2010 Census of the IBGE - Synopsis - Tables 761 and 1301" (in Portuguese). IBGE.gov.br. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- "History of the city on the Prefecture's site" (in Portuguese). Fernandopolis.sp.gov.br. Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- "Municipal Profile at SEADE". SEADE.gov.br. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- "Expo de Fernandópolis". Retrieved 8 July 2011.