||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Romero at the 2013 Alma Awards
|Born||María Fernanda Romero Martínez
Mexico City, Mexico
|Occupation||Actress, Model, singer|
Fernanda Romero (born as María Fernanda Romero Martínez) is a Mexican actress, model and singer. She is most noted for her starring role in the Mexican telenovela Eternamente tuya and her supporting role in the American film The Eye.
Romero began her singing career when she joined BMG's recording ensemble group, Frizzby, who began touring Central America to promote their two top ten singles. They performed for Pope John Paul II at the famous Estadio Azteca in Mexico City.
By the time Romero reached eighteen she was in ad campaigns for brands like Rock and Republic, Clean & Clear, Pepsi, Apple, and J.C. Penney. She also appeared in magazines such as GQ Mexico, OK Magazine Espanol, Reforma and ELLE Mexico.
Romero began her acting career as host of the Univision television show Control, followed shortly by an appearance on the Telemundo telenovela La Ley del Silencio. These led to her first film offer, a role in the film Creature of Darkness, and several more small roles.
In 2009, Fernanda Romero returned to Mexico to star in the soap opera Eternamente tuya.
In 2010, Romero was arrested on charges of immigration fraud, accused of entering into a sham marriage in order to obtain legal immigrant status. She and her husband, a local pizza deliverer, were arrested in their separate homes, and put on trial, where she was accused of paying her groom $5000 for the marriage. She was found guilty and ordered to serve 30 days in jail. Although such a conviction is generally followed by deportation, as of June 2012[update], the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service had not taken any action to deport Romero.
- El alma herida (2003) - Clarita
- La ley del silencio (2005) - Virginia
- Pit Fighter (2005) - (uncredited) Conchita
- She Builds Quick Machines (Velvet Revolver music video) (2007) - Libertad
- Eternamente tuya (2009) - Antonia
- The Eye (2008) - Ana Cristina Martínez/Ling
- Drag Me to Hell (2009)
- Ready or Not (2009)
- Silver Case (2011) - Lola ....directed by Christian Filippella
- Geezers! (film) (2012) Tiffany
- Ghost Team One Independent Dir. Scott Rutherford
- Line of Duty (2013) - Gina
- " Caveman " (2014) -alicia
- County Recurring NBC
- RPM Miami Series Regular MunDos
- Eternamente Tuya Series Regular TV Azteca
- Todd's Coma Guest Star TBS
- La Ley del Silencio Guest Star Telemundo
- Entourage Guest Star HBO
- Summer Friends Series Regular Sony
- Wounded Soul Series Regular Televisa
- Music Video
- Frankie J-And I Had You There Main girl
- "Fernanda Romero sigue con sus proyectos a la espera del juicio de inmigración" (in Spanish). El Nuevo Diario. 14 April 2011. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- Allen, Nick (19 April 2010). "Mexican actress Fernanda Romero accused of sham marriage to pizza man". The Telegraph. Retrieved 21 June 2012.
- "Lawyers make final arguments in Fernanda Romero's marriage fraud trial". Los Angeles Daily News. Daily News Wire Service. 31 August 2010. Retrieved 21 June 2012.
- "Mexican actress Fernanda Romero gets 30 days in sham marriage case". CBS News. AP. 27 April 2011. Retrieved 21 June 2012.