|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Products||acoustic guitars, electric guitars, bass guitars, guitar picks, and amplifiers|
|Slogan||Innovation and Tradition since 1969.|
Fernandes Guitars is a guitar and accessory manufacturer, that originated in Japan in 1969, building flamenco guitars. As the company grew it expanded production to include more acoustic guitars, electric guitars, bass guitars, amplifiers, and accessories to become one of the biggest guitar manufacturers in Japan. Fernandes also owns a brand for Gibson replicas: Burny.
Despite its high production figures, Fernandes is better known in the United States for its Sustainer system, which uses electromagnetism to vibrate a string for an extended period, so long as the user continues to fret a note. Unlike the similar manual E-Bow sustainer, the Fernandes Sustainer can be used with a standard plectrum, because the sustainer is imbedded in the body of guitar. Fernandes' custom shop has installed numerous Sustainers into guitars built by other manufacturers.
Fernandes continues to manufacture guitars, that cover the range from inexpensive starter models to custom instruments.
- Brad Gillis of American rock band Night Ranger and former Ozzy Osbourne guitarist had his own Stratocaster-type model that was red with a black pick guard. Gillis still uses his Fernandes guitar as his main guitar when he performs in concert with Night Ranger.
- Billie Joe Armstrong of American punk rock band Green Day had a Stratocaster since he was 11 named "Blue", and has played it live for nearly every show he has played, near exclusively used for all songs in Eb tuning.
- Heath of Japanese heavy metal band X Japan uses his signature Fernandes model FJB-115H bass guitar almost exclusively. Previously he used several Burny guitars, including his signature model DB-85H.
- hide of Japanese heavy metal band X Japan used Fernandes guitars almost exclusively. He has numerous signature models with the company.
- Hidehiko Hoshino of Japanese rock band Buck-Tick uses Fernandes guitars almost exclusively. He has had several signature models with the company.
- Hisashi Imai of Japanese rock band Buck-Tick uses Fernandes guitars almost exclusively. He has several signature models with the company.
- You of Japanese hard rock band Dead End has his own signature model with Fernandes.
- Tony Campos of Fear Factory, Asesino, formally of Static-X and Soulfly, has his own signature model Tremor 5 Deluxe and Tremor 5X.
- Dave Kushner of Velvet Revolver, Wasted Youth, and DKFXP uses Fernandes Ravelle Signature guitar.
- "heath - FERNANDES OFFICIAL WEBSITE". Fernandes Official Website. Retrieved 2015-12-04.
- "hide - FERNANDES OFFICIAL WEBSITE". Fernandes Official Website. Retrieved 2015-12-04.
- "BUCK-TICK - FERNANDES OFFICIAL WEBSITE". Fernandes Official Website. Retrieved 2015-12-04.
- "DEAD END - FERNANDES OFFICIAL WEBSITE". Fernandes Official Website. Retrieved 2015-12-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to