This biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Luis Fernando Allende Arenas
November 10, 1952
Mexico City, Mexico
Luis Fernando Allende Arenas (born November 10, 1952) is a Mexican singer, actor, painter, film producer, and film director.
Allende was born in Mexico. His father is a Mexican, and his mother is from Cuba. Allende's grandfather on his father's side was Puerto Rican. Both grandparents on his mother side are from Spain.
By the late 1960s, Allende had ventured into Spanish-language soap operas as well as photo soap operas (magazine soap operas widely produced during the 1970s in many Latin American countries). His matinee idol looks helped Allende become a teen idol across Latin America.
During the early 1980s, Allende moved to Hollywood, and had respectable success in the "movie capital of the world" landing major roles in important productions.
During the 1981–1982 television season, Allende had a recurring role on the prime time TV series Flamingo Road as Julio Sánchez. Allende also became the host of the Spanish version of the television singing contest Star Search (Buscando Estrellas).
He has directed and produced his own movies and mini series. He was a steady judge of the popular Puerto Rican reality show Objetivo Fama, and hosted his own television variety show called: Entre Amigos (Among Friends).
He owns El Dorado Studios, a TV and motion picture facility in Dorado, Puerto Rico. He has been working on a multicultural theme sitcom made in Puerto Rico called "Qué familia más normal" on TuTv, with actors from Mexico and Puerto Rico.
Allende stars in "Mexican Dynasties," a reality show filmed in Mexico City about three influential and affluent families in Mexico and which premiered on Bravo in March 2019.
Allende met his current wife, María Mediavilla, from Puerto Rico during the 1980s. The couple moved to Aspen, Colorado, and lived there for 15 years. They have two sons, Elán and Adán.
Allende and his wife had a close friendship with Prince Michael of Kent. They were guests of honor at the 100th Anniversary Celebration of the Victoria and Albert Museum held in London. They also were invited to travel with the Kents to the gala opening in the Houston Museum of Art where the collection of the Victoria and Albert Museum started its world tour.
In 2001, Allende and his wife moved to Puerto Rico, where he has continued his career as an actor and singer, and initiated a new career in painting.
- Muchacha italiana viene a casarse (2014-2015) - Sergio Ángeles
- La Mujer Del Vendaval (2012-2013) as Luciano
- Esperanza del Corazón (2011) as Orlando Duarte
- Sortilegio (2009) as Antonio
- Besos prohibidos (1999) as José Luis
- Maria Bonita (1995)as José Santos/Damar Santoyo
- Sangre de lobos (1991)
- Amor de nadie as Guillermo (1990)
- Grecia as Fernando (1987)
- Tiempo de amar (1987)
- Corazón salvaje (1977)as Renato
- El milagro de vivir (1975)
- Ana del aire as Gerardo (1973)
- Como dice el dicho (2014) as Roberto
- Superboy (1989) as club owner
- Miami Vice (1986) as Tico Arriola
- Hunter (1985)as Moreno
- The Hitchhiker (1985) as Victor
- Murder, She Wrote (1985) as Miguel Santana
- Master of the Game (1984) as George Mellis
- Hart to Hart (1981–1983) as Fernando
- Flamingo Road (1981–1982) as Julio Sánchez
- The Phoenix (1981) as Diego DeVarga
- Maria (2010)
- El Cimarrón (2006)
- Slayer_(film) (2006) as Luis
- Siempre te amaré (2004) as Lead
- Naked Lies (1998) as Damian Medina
- Angely smerti (1993)
- Stalingrad (1989)
- Beverly Hills Brats (1989) as Roberto
- Un Hombre y una mujer con suerte (1988)
- The Alamo: Thirteen Days to Glory (1987) as Alamonte
- Murder in Three Acts (1986) as Ricardo Montoya
- Heartbreaker (1983) as Beto
- Johnny Chicano (1981)
- El Lobo negro (1981)
- Duelo a muerte (1981) as Carlos Aceves/El Lobo Negro
- Con la muerte en ancas (1980) as Casey Kelly
- El Contrabando del paso (1980)
- El hombre de los hongos (1980) as Sebastián
- Frontera (1980) as Fernando
- Verano salvaje (1980)
- La Venganza del lobo negro (1980)
- The Streets of L.A. (1979) as Ramon "Gallo" Zamora
- La Ilegal (1979)
- Te quiero (1979)
- La Guera Rodriguez (1978)
- La Coquito as Julio (1977)
- ¿Y ahora qué, señor fiscal? (1977)
- La Virgen de Guadalupe (1976) as Juan Diego
- El Pacto (1976) as Sergio
- Negro es un bello color (1974) as Mario
- El Desconocido (1974)
- El Primer amor (1974)
- El Amor tiene cara de mujer (1973)
- Mecánica nacional (1972)
- María (1972) as Efraín
- Para servir a usted (1971)