Belluschi with Bursaspor in 2012
|Full name||Fernando Daniel Belluschi|
|Date of birth||10 September 1983|
|Place of birth||Los Quirquinchos, Argentina|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|2002–2005||Newell's Old Boys||90||(25)|
|2012||→ Genoa (loan)||14||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 3 April 2016.
Fernando Daniel Belluschi (locally: [beˈluʔtʃi], Italian: [belˈluski]; born 10 September 1983) is an Argentine midfielder currently playing for San Lorenzo de Almagro from Argentine Primera División.
Belluschi's best position is as an attacking midfielder, or playing just behind the forwards as a link between midfield and attack, although his playing attributes are suited to a wider position.
Belluschi started playing professionally at Newell's Old Boys in 2002, with whom he won the 2004 Apertura Championship. He moved to River Plate in 2006 and with the departure of Marcelo Gallardo to Paris Saint-Germain following the 2006 Apertura, he was named team captain, a position he would fill for two years. He then joined Olympiacos for reported €6.5 million in early 2008.
On 6 July 2009, FC Porto bought Belluschi's playing rights and 50% economic rights for €5 million. The other 50% is owned by private investment company Rio Football Services Ltd. He signed a contract until 2013 with a release clause of €30 million.
Porto sold its 50% economic rights on Belluschi for €1.05 million in summer 2012.
On July 10, 2015, Cruz Azul signed on a free transfer. Belluschi's current salary is 1.1 million EUR. He debuted for the team coming on as a substitute in the 61' minute for an injured Marc Crosas in the Clasico Joven. He didn't get his international pass until the Clasico Joven which is why he was unable to participate in any league games up to that point. Belluschi has yet to score for Cruz Azul, but had his chance by kicking a penalty during week 11 against Atlas but it was blocked by their goalkeeper Miguel Angel Fraga.
On January 26, 2016, San Lorenzo de Almagro signed the 32 year old on a free transfer.
Belluschi is married to Florencia, whom he met in his home city of Los Quirquinchos. They started dating when he was 17 and they have been together since then. He is best friends with fellow professional footballer Ignacio Scocco, and both served as best men at each other's wedding.
- Newell's Old Boys
- Portuguese League (2): 2010–11, 2011–12
- Taça de Portugal (2): 2009–10, 2010–11
- Portuguese Supercup (3): 2009, 2010, 2011
- UEFA Europa League (1): 2010–11
- UEFA Super Cup: Runner-up 2011
- San Lorenzo
- Olympiakos profile
- "Olympiacos switch thrills Belluschi". UEFA.com. 8 January 2008. Retrieved 30 March 2010.
- Economic rights stand for the portion of the future transfer fee that Porto will receive
- "Comunicado da FC Porto – Futebol, SAD" (in Portuguese). fcporto.pt. 6 July 2009. Retrieved 7 July 2009.
- "Asamblea aprobada" (in Spanish). Club Atlético River Plate. 24 August 2012. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
- "FC Porto revela valores dos empréstimos de Belluschi e Guarín". Público. 31 January 2012.
- "Relatório e Contas Consolidado 2011/2012" [Consolidated financial statements and report 2011–12] (PDF) (in Portuguese). FC Porto. 18 October 2012. Retrieved 20 May 2015.
- "Si scrive Belluschi, si legge Bellus-ci". canalegenoa.it. 6 February 2012. Retrieved 10 May 2013.