||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
24 February 1967 |
Córdoba, Andalusia (Spain)
Fernando Tejero Muñoz-Torrero (born 24 February 1967) is a Spanish actor. Among his work, he has acted in multiple films, including Días de fútbol (2003), for which he won the Goya Award for Best New Actor, and television series like Aquí no hay quien viva (2004), for which he won the TP de Oro Award.
Early life and career
Tejero studied acting at the Escuela de Arte Dramático de Córdoba, the Centro Andaluz de Teatro and the Escuela de Arte Dramático Cristina Rota de Madrid.
As a struggling actor, Tejero worked with his parents in a seafood market. According to Tejero, during this period in his life, he had his first bad experience with showbusiness. He said he met a very famous Spanish actress with whom he had a cordial conversation. She ignored him and looked at him with contempt when she discovered he worked at a seafood market.
Tejero went on to perform in bit parts in Spanish movies, slowly gaining recognition. He was able to establish a bond with a production company called Animalario. In 2003, he was offered a role in Días de fútbol, for which he won the Goya Award for best new actor. In that same year, during the casting of the now-famous Spanish ensemble comedy Aquí no hay quien viva, he was originally offered the part of Paco, the video store clerk. However, a new role was subsequently created for him, that of Emilio, the concierge; this allowed him a much more visible role than originally planned. With the show's great success, Tejero has become a household name in Spain.
Since then, he has had leading roles in films, such as El penalti más largo del mundo.
- Sobreviviré (1999)
- Mujer de mi vida, La (2001)
- Noche de reyes (2001)
- Compañeros (2002)
- Los lunes al sol (2002)
- Torremolinos 73 (2003)
- Días de fútbol (2003)
- Aquí no hay quien viva (2003)
- 3 en el Camino (2004)
- Cachorro (2004)
- Crimen Ferpecto, El (2004)
- Asombroso mundo de Borjamari y Pocholo, El (2004)
- El espantatiburones (2004)
- Noche Hache (2006)
- Volando voy (2006)
- Va a ser que nadie es perfecto (2006)
- Gominolas (2007)
- Al final del camino (2008)
- Cinco metros cuadrados (2012)
- La chispa de la vida (2012)
- La que se avecina (2012–present)
- Goya Award: Best New Actor (2003)
- Premio Unión de Actores: Best Television Avtor (2004)
- TP de Oro: Best Television Actor (2004)
- Premio Fotogramas de Plata: Best Television Actor (2005)
- Palmero, M. (27 April 2014). "Fernando Tejero: "Mis padres aceptaron mi homosexualidad por mi éxito"". El Confidencial (in Spanish). Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- Higuera, Raoul (12 December 2013). "La historia de amor (roto) entre Fernando Tejero y Mister Gay España 2012". El Confidencial (in Spanish). Retrieved 6 June 2015.