|Comune di Ferno|
|Province||Province of Varese (VA)|
|• Mayor||Filippo Gesualdi|
|• Total||8.5 km2 (3.3 sq mi)|
|Elevation||211 m (692 ft)|
|• Density||810/km2 (2,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Ferno is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Varese in the Italian region Lombardy, located about 40 km northwest of Milan and about 35 km south of Varese. As of 31 December 2017, it had a population of 6,858 and an area of 8.5 km².
The municipality of Ferno contains the frazione (subdivision) San Macario.
Architecture and Monuments
Saint Mary's Church
The church of Saint Mary is the oldest building of the village, and it is characterized by the romantic style of the XIV century. Several frescoes of the medieval era are present as well as a triptych of a disciple of Gaudenzio Ferrari.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- "Volare Group SpA." Businessweek. Retrieved on February 8, 2011. "The company is based in Ferno, Italy." and "Aeroporto Malpensa 2000 - S.P. 52 Terminal 1- Area Tecnica Sud Ferno, VA 21010"
- www.comune.ferno.va.it (in Italian)
|This article on a location in the Province of Varese is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|