Ferny Grove railway station
Station front in October 2012
|Location||Conavalla Street, Ferny Grove|
|Owned by||Queensland Rail|
|Operated by||City network|
|Distance||16.08 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Station code||600389 (platform 1)
600390 (platform 2)
|Fare zone||go card 2|
The Brisbane Tramway Museum is a short walk south of the station.
The line formerly extended to Dayboro, but was cut back to Ferny Grove in 1955, as part of a larger rationalisation by the Queensland Government of its railway lines. The line now terminates here with bus services running to Samford during peak times.
The station was upgraded in 2012 as part of the Keperra-Ferny Grove duplication project. The upgrade included relocating the platform, a new station building and car park.
Camp Mountain rail accident
The Camp Mountain rail accident occurred in 1947 west of Ferny Grove on the Dayboro stretch of the line. It is Queensland's worst railway accident. 16 people were killed when a picnic excursion train failed to negotiate a bend on the line between Camp Mountain and Samford. A small memorial marks the site of the accident.
Services by platform
|1||Ferny Grove||Roma Street, Park Road, Coopers Plains & Beenleigh|||
|2||Ferny Grove||Roma Street, Park Road, Coopers Plains & Beenleigh|||
Brisbane Transport operate three routes from Ferny Grove station:
- 367: to Upper Kedron
- 397: to Mitchelton via Everton Hills
- 398: to Mitchelton via Arana Hills
Brisbane Bus Lines operate one route from Ferny Grove station:
- "The Enoggera Railway". The Brisbane Courier. 6 February 1899. p. 4. Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- Kerr, J. 'Triumph of Narrow Gauge' Boolarong Publications 1990
- Annastacia Palaszczuk (28 October 2011). "Station and car park construction ramps up at Ferny Grove" (Press release). Queensland Rail. Minister for Transport. Archived from the original on 18 February 2015. Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- Condon, Matthew (15 June 2007). "Samford Valley train crash". Qweekend. The Courier-Mail.
- Ferny Grove line timetable TransLink 20 January 2014
- Ferny Grove Platform 1 TransLink
- Ferny Grove Platform 2 TransLink
- Route 367 timetable TransLink 20 January 2014
- Routes 397, 398 timetable TransLink 20 January 2014
- Route 399 timetable TransLink 20 January 2014