Ferrovie Emilia Romagna
|Public benefit corporation, Limited company|
Number of employees
The company was formed in 1997 by acquisition by the Emilia-Romagna region of four previous state-owned railway companies:
- the Ferrovie Padane (FP, which managed the Ferrara–Codigoro railway);
- the Ferrovia Suzzara–Ferrara SpA (FSF);
- the Gestione Commissariale Governativa delle Ferrovie Venete - Ferrovia Bologna-Portomaggiore (FBP);
- the Gestione Commissariale Governativa delle Ferrovie Venete - Ferrovia Parma-Suzzara (FPS).
Ferrovie Emilia Romagna operates on the following lines of its own:
- Reggio Emilia-Guastalla
- Reggio Emilia-Ciano d'Enza
- Reggio Emilia-Sassuolo
It also operates passenger services on the following lines, owned by Rete Ferroviaria Italiana (RFI):
- Poggio Rusco–Bologna
During summer, FER operates direct passenger services between Pesaro in the Marche and Bergamo, Brescia, Cremona in Lombardy, the so-called "Trains of the Sea". The connection Bergamo-Pesaro uses trains led by E464 locomotives and Vivalto coaches. The other two are managed by ALn 668 and ALn 663 diesel railcars.
FER also operates goods transports on his network and on the RFI one.
FER includes a road transport division, with buses connecting several cities in the provinces of Ferrara, Bologna and Rimini.
- As of 2009
- Official website (Italian) (English)