Feryna has been a part of Bollywood films; Ketan Mehta's Rang Rasiya with Randeep Hooda, Raj Kanwar's Sadiyaan opposite Shatrugan Sinha's son Luv Sinha and Rekha, Rishi Kapoor and Hema Malini. Wazheir was also the brand ambassador of Kolkata jewellery brand, P.C. Chandra Jewellers, for two years. She also played the character of "Tasneem" in the 2016 film Airlift alongside Akshay Kumar and Nimrat Kaur. She recently acted in a short British film titled as A Secret Heart by director Cary Sawhney. In this film, she is essaying the role of a British Jewish girl from World War 2.
Feryna was born into a Muslim family in Glasgow, Scotland.
She took part in amateur theatre and voice-overs and also performed in the play The Vagina Monologues by playwright Eve Ensler. At university, Feryna studied film communication and cultural studies. During a vacation to India, Feryna was spotted by photographer Farookh Chotia who used her in shoots for Elle India, Seventeen and L'Officiel.
Feryna has since trained and worked under Satyadev Dubey and Alque Padamsee, as well as at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts [RADA] in London.
Feryna started her career in lead roles in music videos by A.R. Rehman and Hariharan. Soon after, in 2010, she made her Bollywood debut in Sadiyaan. The late Yash Chopra, once said that she is "beauty, innocence and vulnerability personified".
Feryna then acted in Ketan Mehta's Rang Rasiya, which won the Audience Award at London Indian Film Festival (LIFF) in 2011 before it was released in 2014. In the film, which is based on 19th century Indian painter, Raja Ravi Varma's life, Feryna plays a journalist and the third woman in his life. Following her festival accolade, Feryna was appointed official Brand Ambassador for the London Indian Film Festival (LIFF) 2012. She reprised her role as the face of LIFF in 2013.
In 2012, Feryna also did a short British film Khaana directed by LIFF's creative director Cary Sawhney. The film explores the boundaries between home and the outside world and Feryna plays a young orthodox Muslim woman who loves the British dish of fish and chips. The film, which has toured the festival circuit in the US, won the "Future Filmmaker Award 2012" at the Palm Springs Short Film Festival 2012 and "Best Short Film" at the New York film festival 2013.
In 2016 Feryna appeared in film Airlift as Tasneem alongside Akshay Kumar and Nimrat Kaur, set in Kuwait 1990 when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait. She also acted in a short British film titled as A Secret Heart by director Cary Shawney. In this film, she is seen in the role of a British Jewish girl from World War 2. The story is inspired by the British film A Matter of Life & Death, by Powell and Pressburger.
- "Apart From Akshay & Nimrat, Airlift Also Stars 'Vagina Monologues' Actress In A Pivotal Role! - Indiatimes.com".
- "Akshay Kumar turns mentor for 'Airlift' actress Feryna Wazheir - Akshay Kumar: Lesser known facts - The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "These pictures of Airlift actress Feryna Wazheir are a proof that she is here to stay!". 29 January 2016.
- "Airlifted from London to Mumbai - Mumbai Mirror".
- "Akshay Kumar to work with British actress in "airlift" : Bollywood Helpline".
- "Vagina Monologues actress Feryna Wazheir also part of Akshay Kumar's Airlift! - Bollywoodlife.com".
- "Feryna Wazheir to play Nargis in 'Manto' - Times of India".
- "People - Fresh Stock: Ferena Ahmed". www.verveonline.com.
- Video on YouTube
- "Feryna signs new studio deal". Asian Image.
- "Rang Rasiya Review". 6 November 2014.
- "Rang Rasiya Movie Review: Don't Miss To Watch This One". 7 November 2014.
- "Feryna Wazheir sizzles at London Indian Film Festival - Times of India".
- Reporter, IBTimes Staff. "Airlift movie review: Audiences say Akshay Kumar makes every Indian feel proud".
- "Airlift Review: Akshay is impressive".
- "How Feryna Wazheir turned out as the surprise package of Akshay Kumar's Airlift". www.merinews.com. Retrieved 18 September 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 28 October 2016. Retrieved 26 February 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "AIRLIFT". 22 January 2016.
- "Secret Heart" – via www.imdb.com.
- edkarthick. "Feryna Wazheir relives the Ingrid Bergman look in A Secret Heart". www.chennaipatrikatv.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Feryna Wazheir.|