Festival del Viaggio
The festival features a vast array of conferences, exhibitions, concerts, movies, and documentaries about traveling. It also organizes workshops on writing and photography about travel, in collaborations with the University of Pisa and the province of Florence. It was the first of its kind in Italy.
In 2009 Festival del Viaggio won the "Brand New Italian Festival Award" in Bologna. In 2010 the festival presented a walk in the Florentine sky: the tightrope walker Andrea Loreni walked on the wire 50 meters high over Piazza della Signoria, entering into the Palazzo Vecchio. In 2011 festival organized a photo contest about honeymoons all over the world, in collaborations with the weekly magazine L'Espresso and the daily newspaper La Repubblica. In 2018 the Festival del Viaggio conceived and realized the plan of the 'Passeggiata Jodorowski', a walk at dawn amongst the most important Florentine monuments going always straight and never turning (inspired by Alejandro Jodorowski's idea).
Prominent travelers who have been involved
- "El Viajero 2017" (pdf) (in Spanish). El País. 13 February 2017. p. 112.
- Eberle, Janine; George, Don. Come diventare scrittore di viaggio (in Italian). EDT. ISBN 9788859254416.
- Agostinelli, Alessandro (5 June 2016). "Festival del Viaggio". L'Espresso (in Italian). Retrieved 27 January 2019.
- "A Firenze il Festival del Viaggio" (in Italian). ANSA. 3 June 2010. Retrieved 26 January 2019.
- "Viaggi una tre giorni di trekking urbano". La Repubblica (in Italian). 27 February 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2019.
- Berti, Elisabetta (8 June 2016). "Giorno e notte 8 giugno, gli appuntamenti a Firenze e in Toscana". La Repubblica (in Italian). Retrieved 26 January 2019.
- "Alessandro Agostinelli racconta Lascia o Raddoppia" (in Italian). RAI. 27 January 2011. Retrieved 28 January 2019.
- "Festival of Festivals Awards: i vincitori toscani" (in Italian). 9 November 2009. Retrieved 26 January 2019.
- "Passeggiando in piazza Signoria. Sull'aria". Corriere Fiorentino (in Italian). June 2010. Retrieved 26 January 2019.
- "Viaggi di nozze: e il tuo com'era?". L'Espresso (in Italian). 22 July 2011. Retrieved 26 January 2019.
- "Festival del Viaggio all'insegna del cibo e delle passeggiate" (in Italian). 28 May 2018. Retrieved 26 January 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Festival del Viaggio.|