Festival of Lights (New Plymouth)
The TSB Bank Festival of Lights is an annual event held in Pukekura Park, New Plymouth. Running for free every year from mid-December to early February, it has daytime and night time programmes of events for people of all ages, and the festival itself transforms the park into an illuminated wonderland every evening.
Colourful lights are used to highlight tree crowns, ferns, and other plants. Light art displays are installed along the festival walking route and the waterfall is lit in changing colors.
The festival has been a major summer attraction and cultural event for the city since 1993, and is attended by over 100,000 people each year. The festival celebrated its 20th year in 2013.
- "Taranaki Festival of Lights". NewZealand2011. Archived from the original on 14 November 2010. Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- Saunders, Kate (1 February 2011). "Festival of Lights attracts community, visitors". Taranaki Daily News. Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- Shaskey, Tara (1 February 2016). "New Plymouth's Festival of Lights wraps up another successful year". Taranaki Daily News.
- "TSB Bank Festival of Lights". NPDC.
- "TSB Bank Festival of Lights". nzonline.org.nz.
|This New Zealand–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|