This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Number of employees
Festool is a brand of power tools from Germany. Festool Group GmbH & Co. KG is based in Wendlingen and is a subsidiary of the TTS Tooltechnic Systems holding company. It is known for its system-based approach on power tools and focus on dust extraction.
The company was founded by Gottlieb Stoll and Albert Fezer in 1925 under the name Fezer & Stoll. The company manufactured the world's first portable chainsaw in 1927. The company's name was shortened to Festo in 1933. Festo founded Festo Tooltechnic in 1993, and the power tool division was spun off into an independent company, Festool, in 2000. The company remains privately owned by the family of founder Gottlieb Stoll.
As of October 2017, Festool operates subsidiaries in 26 countries including the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, France, the Netherlands, and Russia. In late 2017 they also set up their first Asian - subsidiary in South - Korea. Festool products are primarily manufactured Neidlingen (Germany), Illertissen (Germany), and Česká Lípa (Czech Republic). In July 2017 Festool opened its first North American production line at its Lebanon, Indiana facility, where they produce mainly guide rails for their track saw system.
Festool's system-based power tool design includes the use of modular plastic containers, referred to as "Systainers", that are produced by their sister company TANOS. and to have multi-function parts such as guide rails usable for stationary work and guiding the motion of power tools.
- "Festool History and Innovations". www.woodcraft.com. Retrieved 2018-05-10.
- "About Festool". www.festoolusa.com. Retrieved 2018-05-10.
- "Festool GmbH: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2018-05-10.
- "Family-run". www.festool.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-05-10.
- "Festool Facts and figures from Exports to Staff!". www.festool.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-05-10.
- "Facts and figures". www.festoolusa.com. Retrieved 2018-05-10.
- "Festool | Guide Rail | Lebanon | Indiana | Track Saw | Woodworker's Journal". Woodworking | Blog | Videos | Plans | How To. 2017-08-01. Retrieved 2018-05-10.
- "Home - Welcome to the TANOS GmBH". www.tanos.de. Tanos. Archived from the original on 7 January 2015. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Festool CT Wings | THISisCarpentry". www.thisiscarpentry.com. Retrieved 2018-05-10.
|This article about joinery, woodworking joints, carpentry or woodworking is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This German corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|