Fever (Adam Lambert song)
|Single by Adam Lambert|
|from the album For Your Entertainment|
|Released||September 17, 2010|
|Adam Lambert singles chronology|
"Fever" is a song by American pop vocalist and American Idol season eight runner-up Adam Lambert. The song was written by Lady Gaga, Rob Fusari and Jeff Bhasker for Lambert's debut album, For Your Entertainment. It was released as a radio-only single in New Zealand in September 2010.
"Fever", a song written by Lady Gaga was released in October and November respectively to New Zealand and Singapore. The early radio release in New Zealand was to help promote the Glam Nation Tour which was extended to Australia during the final quarter of 2010.
Lambert also announced through Twitter that he had collaborated with Lady Gaga. "Yes it's true: I spent yesterday in the studio with the insanely talented and creative Lady Gaga recording a song that she wrote! I love her."
The song was met with critical acclaim. The Star noted that "his larger-than-life pipes do shine" on this "out-and-proud club stomper." Huffington Post wrote that this is one of songs that "full-display" of album that "operates from a disco/glam aesthetic of escapism and liberation via dance, dress-up, and desire" and added that it "fully accomplish what the singer had in mind for the album: songs that make you want to let loose, dance, work out, have fun." Slant Magazine noted that this song wasn't very original and wrote that "true to GaGa's utter lack of subtlety, is a song about a hard-on" but the song was praised "phenomenally well-crafted pop single that gives Lambert the opportunity to shine." Allmusic highlighted this song and praised it by calling it terrific disco and pop song and added "GaGa wisely goes so far as to keep the object of his affection male." Boston Globe was positive: "[song] makes a convincing case for Lambert as a long-lost Scissor Sister with its eruptive synths." Entertainment Weekly also similarly praised song "future-disco glitter bomb (...) sounds like it was extracted directly from the Scissor Sisters' sonic DNA." Detroit News also called this song "daring" and "unapologetic sexual" and added that its opening lines "is bound to raise an eyebrow or two from "Idol's" more conservative fan base. LA Times called the song "much better" than some songs on album and described it as "straight-ahead, guilt-free cry of love." NY Times called this song notable exception and added that "recent success [of Lady Gaga] proves that there’s at least some tolerance for quasi-intelligent identity manipulation in the pop sphere, wiggle room that Mr. Lambert barely takes advantage of." A. V. Club noted that this song "fits" and described it as "Lady Gaga’s ode to wanton debauchery".
The song was performed on Lambert's 2010 Glam Nation Tour.
- Adam Lambert - vocals
- Lady Gaga - songwriter, vocals
- Rob Fusari - songwriter
- Jeff Bhasker - songwriter, producer
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||19|
|New Zealand||September 17, 2010||Airplay|
- "Adam Lambert is coming to New Zealand! | The Official Adam Lambert Site". Adamofficial.com. Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- Parker, Lyndsey (2009-10-19). music.yahoo.com "Adam Lambert goes "Gaga": Breaking Collabo News". Yahoo! Music. Retrieved 2009-11-29.
- Review by The Star Retrieved 25 December 2014
- Huffington Post review Retrieved 25 December 2014
- Review by Slant Magazine Retrieved 25 December 2014
- Review by Allmusic Retrieved 25 December 2014
- Review by Boston Globe Retrieved 25 December 2014
- Review by Entertainment Weekly Retrieved 25 December 2014
- Review by Detroit News Retrieved 25 December 2014
- LA Times review Retrieved 25 December 2014
- Review by NY Times Retrieved 25 December 2014
- Review by A.V. Club Retrieved 25 December 2014
- For Your Entertainment (liner notes). Adam Lambert. RCA Records, Jive Records. 2009.
- "Charts.nz – Adam Lambert – Fever". Top 40 Singles.