2009–2015 Fiat Doblò
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Panel van / leisure activity vehicle|
First generation (2000–present)
|Also called||Fiat Panorama
|Assembly||Bursa, Turkey (Tofaş)
Akçalar, Turkey (Karsan)
Betim, Minas Gerais, Brazil (Fiat Automóveis)
Naberezhnye Chelny, Russia (SeverstalAvto)
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||3-door panel van
4-door panel van
5-door panel van
5-door leisure activity vehicle
|Engine||1.2L Fire I4 petrol
1.4L Fire I4 petrol
1.6L I4 petrol
1.6L Natural Power I4 CNG
1.8L E.torQ I4 Flexfuel
1.3L Multijet I4 diesel
1.9L D I4 diesel
1.9L JTD I4 diesel
1.9L Multijet I4 diesel
|Wheelbase||2,583 mm (101.7 in)
2,963 mm (116.7 in) (Doblò Maxi)
|Length||4,158 mm (163.7 in)
4,253 mm (167.4 in) (from 2005)
4,633 mm (182.4 in) (Doblò Maxi)
4,354 mm (171.4 in) (Adventure)
|Width||from 1,715 mm (67.5 in) to 1,722 mm (67.8 in)
1,763 mm (69.4 in) (Adventure)
|Height||from 1,818 mm (71.6 in) to 1,831 mm (72.1 in)
2,086 mm (82.1 in) (high roof)
1,957 mm (77.0 in) (Adventure)
It was first launched to the public in the Netherlands, and received the "2006 International Van of the Year" award by an international jury from 19 countries. In Singapore, a 1.4-litre LAV variant is marketed as the Fiat Panorama in 5 and 7-seater versions.
The Doblò carries a payload of up to 730 kg (1,609 lb), with an interior volume of 3.2 cubic metres (110 cu ft). The Doblò uses platform of Fiat Palio Station Wagon.
It is manufactured by Fiat's Tofaş subsidiary factory in Bursa, Turkey, in Brazil since 2002 and in Russia and Vietnam. Turkish models have an engine range that includes a 1.4-litre petrol, a 1.9-litre MultiJet, and a 16-valve 1.3-litre MultiJet.
The facelift version came in autumn 2005, and was restyled with modifications to the front and rear light groups, and the total design of the front part.
Launched in 2002 the Brazilian Doblòs were initially available with two 16-valve petrol engines, a 1.3-litre Fire and a 1.6-litre Torque. From 2004 to 2009, the only engine available in Brazil was an 8-valve 1.8-litre Powertrain, supplied by General Motors do Brasil. This engine was produced initially in a petrol version and later as flex fuel.
In 2003 Fiat Brazil introduced an off-road 4x2 version called Fiat Doblò Adventure, also with the straight-4 Powertrain 1800 cc engine. It has revised exterior look with bigger bumpers and mouldings and raised ride height 6 cm (2.4 in) and spare wheel on the rear. In 2009, the whole Adventure line (Doblò, Idea, Strada and Palio Weekend) was equipped with a locking differential. The line was rebadged as Adventure Locker. Only in the 2010 model, the Brazilian Doblò and the Doblò Adventure were updated with the 2005 European facelift. Besides the 1.8-litre Powertrain, Doblò is now equipped with a 1.4-litre Fire flex engine. In the 2011 model, the 8-valve 1.8-litre Powertrain engine was replaced by the brand new 16-valve 1.8 litre E-Torq engine, produced by Fiat Powertrain Technologies.
|1.2||petrol||65 PS (48 kW; 64 hp)|
|1.6 natural power||natural gas||92 PS (68 kW; 91 hp)|
|1.9 D||diesel||63 PS (46 kW; 62 hp)|
|1.9 JTD||diesel||105 PS (77 kW; 104 hp)|
|1.4||petrol||77 PS (57 kW; 76 hp)|
|1.6 Natural Power (CNG)||Natural gas||92 PS (68 kW; 91 hp)|
|1.3 16v Multijet||diesel||75 PS (55 kW; 74 hp)|
|1.9 Multijet||diesel||105 PS (77 kW; 104 hp)|
|1.9 16v Multijet||diesel||120 PS (88 kW; 120 hp)|
- Go Green, an 18 kWh Altairnano lithium-ion NanoSafe battery pack. The battery pack can be fully recharged in less than ten minutes using AeroVironment´s high voltage, 125 kW rated, rapid charging system.
- a 43 kWh lead-acid battery pack, providing a range of 150 km (93 mi) in the urban duty cycle on a single charge; recharging takes 5–8 hours
- 60 x 200 AH 3.6V lithium modules; Battery life: 1000 cycles at 80% DOD / 2000 cycles at 70% DOD
The vehicle uses a 30 kW (60 kW peak) motor from Ansaldo Electric Drives, that gives 120 km/h (75 mph) top speed.
On October 2, 2007, a 60-day demonstration of the All-Electric Fiat Doblo was begun. The Electric engine is powered by a custom 18 kWh Altairnano high performance NanoSafe(R) battery pack, traveled 300 kilometers (190 mi) in an urban delivery circuit. The custom battery pack was fully recharged in less than ten minutes a total of three times using AeroViroments' high voltage, 125 kW rated, rapid charging system. The vehicle will be driven an estimated total of 7,500 kilometres (4,700 mi) during the 60-day demonstration period, which translates to an annual equivalent use of 45,000 kilometres (28,000 mi).
Second generation (2009–present)
|Also called||Opel Combo
Fiat Doblò Work Up
Ram ProMaster City (US and Canada, from 2015)
|Assembly||Bursa, Turkey (Tofaş)|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||2-door chassis cab
2-door pick-up truck
3-door panel van
4-door panel van
5-door panel van
5-door leisure activity vehicle
|Platform||GM Fiat Small Wide platform|
Fiat Grande Punto
Opel Corsa D
Opel Meriva B
2,755 mm (108.5 in) (SWB)3,105 mm (122.2 in) (LWB)
The all new Doblò was launched in early 2010 and is built in Turkey by Tofaş. The 2010 Doblò uses new platform which has 2,755-millimetre (108.5 in) wheelbase, 790-litre (28 cu ft) luggage compartment, and low CO2 emissions (129 g/km with the 1.3 Multijet 90 PS (66 kW; 89 hp) engine). The Doblò is also sold by General Motors European Opel and Vauxhall brands as Combo.
As of July 2011[update] the Doblò is available as a pickup called Fiat Doblò Work Up or Fiat Pratico in Turkey. There is also a raised roof version, as well as an extended wheelbase van called the "Doblò Cargo Maxi". These two features are combined for the Fiat Doblò Cargo XL, a high-roofed, long wheelbase panel van model with a one-tonne payload, equipped with the 105 hp (78 kW) 1.6 litre Multijet common rail diesel. The XL, which can carry as much as the bigger and more expensive Scudo, was presented in the UK in May 2013. In other markets the XL appeared in 2012, and it is available with all diesel engines excepting the 1.3 and also the 1.4 T-Jet. There is also an XL Combi, with a 135 PS (99 kW) version of the 2.0 diesel.
In February 2010, Tofaş have revealed their development activities on the All-Electric version of their Doblò 2010.
The vehicle itself was also been introduced to press in July 2010, as "The First Commercial Electrical Vehicle Developed in Turkey". It has been also revealed that, Tofaş will be FIAT's development pole for electric light commercial vehicles (LCV). In 1 Millionth Doblo ceremony, Doblo EV was tested by press and Turkish Minister of Industry and Commerce, Nihat Ergün.
Ram ProMaster City
The Ram ProMaster City is an Americanised version of the Fiat Doblò. The ProMaster City is built in the same plant in Turkey as the Doblò and imported to North America. To circumvent the chicken tax, only passenger vans are imported into North America, with cargo vans being post-import conversions. Unlike the Doblò, passenger versions of the ProMaster City use solid metal panels instead of glass in its rear quarters, and third row seating and the lift tailgate are not offered. The 2.4-liter Tigershark engine mated to the 948TE 9-speed automatic transmission is the only powertrain available for the ProMaster City.
|1.4 FIRE||1368 cc I4||95 PS (70 kW; 94 hp)@6000||127 N·m (94 lb·ft)@4500||2009-on|
|2.4 Tigershark1||2360 cc I4||179 PS (132 kW; 177 hp)@6250||236 N·m (174 lb·ft)@3900||2015-on|
|Compressed natural gas|
|1.4 T-JET Natural Power||1368 cc I4||120 PS (88 kW; 118 hp)@5000||207 N·m (153 lb·ft)@2000||2009-on|
|1.3 Multijet||1248 cc I4||90 PS (66 kW; 89 hp)@4000||200 N·m (148 lb·ft)@1500||2009-on|
|1.6 Multijet||1598 cc I4||105 PS (77 kW; 104 hp) @4000 rpm||290 N·m (214 lb·ft) @1500||2009-on|
|2.0 Multijet||1956 cc I4||135 PS (99 kW; 133 hp) @3500 rpm||320 N·m (236 lb·ft) @1500||2009-on|
1 Only for Ram ProMaster City
- "Fiat Doblò". carsfromitaly.net. Retrieved 2009-11-20.
- "Akçalar Fabrikası". Üretim Tesisleri (in Turkish). Karsan. 2010. Archived from the original on 2010-07-07.
- "Doblò Adventure". jipemania.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2008-01-04.
- "Fiat Panorama". fiat.com.sg. Archived from the original on 2007-12-30. Retrieved 2008-01-04.
- "Pyonghwa Motors, Unification Church Do a Deal". Ross Institute. Retrieved 2008-01-04.
- "25.09.2003 FIAT BRAZIL INTRODUCE OFF-ROAD DOBLÒ ADVENTURE". italiaspeed.com. Retrieved 2008-01-04.
- "Best Cars Web Site – Avaliação – Fiat Doblò 2010". .uol.com.br. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "Best Cars Web Site – Fiat adota motor E-Torq no Doblò e altera detalhes no Siena 2011". .uol.com.br. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "Micro-Vett SpA veicoli elettrici". Micro-vett.it. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-11-19.
- "17.12.2009 NEW MODEL: NUOVA FIAT DOBLÒ & DOBLÒ CARGO". italiaspeed.com. Retrieved 2009-12-18.
- "Fiat launches the Doblò Work Up.". European Car News.
- Omar Abu Eideh (2011-07-01). "iat Doblò Work Up" (in Italian). Autoblog.it. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "Vauxhall New Combo". General Motors.
- Witherington, Peter (2013-05-21). "Fiat Doblo Cargo XL van review – the chunky funky big small van". Business Vans. Business Car Manager. Retrieved 2013-09-10.
- "Debutto in società per il nuovo Doblò Cargo XL" [Society debut for the new Doblò Cargo XL]. OmniFurgone.it (in Italian). Edimotive S.r.l. Retrieved 2013-09-10.
- "Tofaş, Elektrikli Doblo için Çalışıyor". http://www.patronlardunyasi.com/haber/Tofas-elektrikli-Doblo-icin-calisiyor/78160 (in Turkish). Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "Ticari Araca ilk Elektrik Doblo EV ile TOFAŞ'tan". http://www.turkiyegazetesi.com.tr/haberdetay.aspx?haberid=455810 (in Turkish). Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "Bursa'dan Dünya'ya Elektrikli Doblo". http://www.radikal.com.tr/Radikal.aspx?aType=RadikalDetay&ArticleID=1010118&CategoryID=80 (in Turkish). Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "Fiat Doblo Cargo is an Italian Ram Promaster City". AutoBlog. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- 2015 Ram ProMaster City: The Ram-PMC Is a True Rock Box
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fiat Doblò.|
|« previous — Fiat Automobiles S.p.A. car timeline, European market, 1980s–present|
|City car||126||Cinquecento||Seicento / 600|
|Panda I||Panda II||Panda III|
|Supermini||Hatch||127||Uno||Punto I||Punto II|
|Palio||Grande Punto||Punto Evo||Punto|
|Small family car||Hatch||Ritmo||Tipo||Bravo I / Brava||Stilo||Bravo II|
|Large family car||132||Argenta||Croma I||Croma II|
|Cabriolet||Ritmo Cabrio||Punto Cabrio||500C|
|LCV/LAV||Fiorino I||Fiorino II||Fiorino III / Qubo|
|Doblò I||Doblò II|
|Large MPV||Ulysse I||Ulysse II||Freemont|
|Van||Daily||Scudo I||Scudo II|
|Ducato I||Ducato II||Ducato III|
|« Dodge — Ram truck timeline, North American market, 2010–present|
|Van / Minivan||ProMaster City|