|• Total||15.01 km2 (5.80 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Fide is a populated area, a socken (not to be confused with parish), on the Swedish island of Gotland. It comprises the same area as the administrative Fide District, established on 1 January 2016.
Fide is situated on the narrow southern isthmus that connects the Storsudret peninsula to Gotland. The medieval Fide Church is located in the socken. As of 2019[update], Fide Church belongs to Hoburg parish in Sudrets pastorat, along with the churches in Öja, Hamra, Vamlingbo and Sundre.
On a wall of the Fide Church is a 115 by 92 cm (45 by 36 in) piece of 13th-century graffiti depicting a ship. It was carved into the plaster while it was still soft during the construction of the church. It is the first image of a cog in the world. The proportions differ slightly from those of the later medieval cogs and it corresponds with a cog-like ship from the 12th century, found at Kronholmen in Västergarn during the construction of a golf course. Both the image and the ship find are seen as examples of boats in the transition from Viking longships to cogs. Similar carving have been found on the walls of the church tower in Ala.
- Carlquist, Gunnar, ed. (1947–1955). "Fide socken". Svensk Uppslagsbok (in Swedish) (2nd ed.). Malmö: Förlagshuset Norden.
- "Gotland i siffror 2015" [Gotland in numbers 2015]. www.gotland.se. Gotland Municipality. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- The exact extent of the socken, now district, can be obtained by clicking on Kartinställningar and check the Socken box in the menu of this map from the Swedish National Heritage Board database.
- "Förordning om district" [Regulation of districts] (PDF). Ministry of Finance. 17 June 2015. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "Fide". www.ne.se. Nationalencyklopedin. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- Lagerlöf, Erland; Svahnström, Gunnar (1973). Gotlands kyrkor [Gotland's Churces] (in Swedish). Stockholm: Rabén & Sjögren. p. 136. ISBN 91-29-41035-5. LIBRIS 7232718.
- "Församlingar på Gotland". www.svenskakyrkan.se. Church of Sweden. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "Visby stifts indelning 2018". www.svenskakyrkan.se. Church of Sweden. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "10123 Fideoja (1993 FJ16)". NASA. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- Enderborg, Bernt. "Skeppsristningen i Fide" [The ship carving in Fide]. www.guteinfo.com. Guteinfo. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- Henriksson, Greta (31 May 2014). "Fide kyrka" [Fide Church]. www.gotland.se. Gotland County Administrative Board. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- Enderborg, Bernt. "Skeppsristningar i Ala". www.guteinfo.com. Guteinfo. Retrieved 26 June 2016.
|This article about a location in Gotland County, Sweden is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|