Fidel (2009 film)
||This article may be in need of reorganization to comply with Wikipedia's layout guidelines. (August 2013)|
|Directed by||Mark Shandii Bacolod|
|Produced by||Charlotte Dianco|
|Written by||Charlotte Dianco|
Maria Isabel Lopez
Andrea Del Rosario
Cherry Mae Canton
|Cinematography||Rain Yamson II|
|Edited by||Gino Montalvo|
The film is a depiction of a true-to-life story that revolves around a person named Fidel an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) working at Dubai, who is in death row for killing his Arab male employer for sexually harassing him. It has been said that the film was originally made to create awareness for Filipino men who have been abused but are embarrassed to file an action against the perpetrators.
As the news progressed in the Philippines a lady reporter named Vega started digging stories about him and that garnerned attention from local government officials to take actions. But for Fidel, he doesn't want any help, as he insisted that he purposely killed his employer, however Vega found this hard to believe as she investigates his past of a loving boy-next-door type of person who have a loving family and that his profile doesn't fit the picture of a killer.
Sister Lourdes, the Filipino nun who is based in Dubai and who visits Fidel regularly in jail also wants to know the truth.
- Lance Raymundo as Fidel
- Snooky Serna as Sister Lourdes
- Marife Necesito as Jovi
- Maria Isabel Lopez as Minda
- Andrea Del Rosario as Vega
- Von Arroyo as Chris
- Fonz Deza as Poldo
- Cherry Mae Canton as Daisy
- Rj Revilla as Milo
- Ana Abad-Santos as a Malacanang Representative
- Ces Aldaba as a Politician
- Bong Cabrera
- Justin De Leon as Ramon
- Martin Dela Paz as Caleb
- Nonoy Froilan as Father Allan
- Jerald Guevara as Adi
- Jon Hall as Al-Jared Ahmed
- R.R. Herrera as Human Rights Lawyer
- P.J. Lanot as a DFA Official
- Jao Mapa as Goonie
- Alex Vincent Medina as Fidel's friend
- IC Mendoza as Boy George
- Mosang as Ditas
- Jonathan Neri as Fidel's friend
- Roeder as Peter
- The film was a semi-finalist at the 2007 Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival.
- The film was first screened at the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Theater last Aug. 28, 2009.
- The film was the official selection at the first Filipino International Film Festival in Los Angeles (FIFFLA).
- It was also featured at the IndieSine in Robinson Galleria last Jan. 17, 2010, where only indie film are shown.