|Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: FDSA|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|John Hamer - Chairman, Chris Aspinwall - CEO, Andy Skelton - CFO|
|Products||Trading & investment management systems, analytics & market data|
|Revenue||£331.9 million (2016)|
|£48.5 million (2016)|
|£35.8 million (2016)|
Fidessa group plc is a British-headquartered company which provides software and services, such as trading and investment management systems, analytics and market data, to buy side and sell side clients in the financial services sector.
The company is headquartered in London with offices in New York City, Chicago, Boston, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Paris, Toronto, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney, São Paulo, Woking and Belfast. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 250 Index.
The Company was founded in 1981 as Intercom Data Systems (IDS): it was later renamed royalblue Group plc, and consisted of two separate operating divisions, royalblue Financial and royalblue Technologies. With the group's core trading platform, Fidessa, being better known in the market place, the Royalblue Group plc changed its name to Fidessa Group plc following shareholder approval at the AGM held in April 2007. In November 2008, Fidessa launched its Fidessa Fragmentation Index. In April 2011 Fidessa launched the Tradalyzer that provides detailed trading analysis.
In addition to a trading platform, Fidessa hosts a broker neutral FIX-enabled execution network. This has a large number of brokers connected to it and is similar to other inhouse FIX networks, such as the LSE Hub, the SunGard Transaction Network (STN) and Thomson Reuters subsidiary TradeWeb's Autex Trade Route.
- "Annual Report 2016" (PDF). Fidessa. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- Royalblue Group Forbes, 2000
- "Royalblue to change name, looking for acquisitions". Reuters. 12 February 2007.
- "Financial Industry Trading News - Algorithmic Trading News - Automated Trader". automatedtrader.net. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
- Fidessa unveils Tradalyzer in Canada Automated Trader, 17 August 2011
- Sandle, Paul (16 February 2009). "Fidessa beats FY forecasts, sees 2009 growth". Reuters. Retrieved 2009-03-13.
- "Tradeweb to Offer Access to Asian Dark Pool BlocSec". Wall Street and Tech.com. 5 October 2010. Retrieved 3 April 2016.