From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up fiducial in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Fiducial may refer to:
- Fiduciary, in law, a person who holds a legal or ethical relationship of trust
- Fiducial inference, in statistics, a form of interval estimation
- "Fiducial line" or "fiducial edge" of an alidade, an instrument used to measure the angle to a distant object
- Fiducial marker or fiducial, an object or marking placed in an image for use as a point of reference
- Reference point (disambiguation), or origin of a frame of reference
In particle physics
- Fiducial cross section, in particle physics experiments, a cross section in which a detector operates with high sensitivity
- Fiducial volume, in low-background physics experiments, an inner volume of particle detector media in which background events are largely excluded
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fiducial.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.