Fiestas of International Tourist Interest of Spain
The declaration of Fiestas of International Tourist Interest is an honorary distinction of being given in Spain by the General Secretariat of Tourism of the Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Trade of the Government of Spain, granted to the fiestas or events involving manifestations of cultural and popular tradition, with particular regard to their ethnic characteristics and that have special importance as tourist attraction.
This honorary title hold 30 fiestas in Spain.
The requirements, among others, are:
- Antiquity of the celebration and continuity over time (at least should be held each five years).
- Popular roots and participation, especially value the existence of associations that support it.
- Originality, diversity that be relevant in terms of promoting tourism of Spain in abroad.
- Impact on international media, at least ten performances in one or more foreign media.
- Possess the declaration of National Tourist Interest for at least five years.
- That in its development is not mistreat people or animals and care for the urban, architectural and landscape.
- Existence in the town or within 50 km of suitable accommodation and tourist services.
- Full Town Council agreement and a favorable report from the Autonomous Community.
- The Carnival of Tenerife
- The Carnival of Cádiz
- Horse racing of Sanlúcar
- 50 Certamen Internacional de Habaneras y Polifonía
- = El Descenso Internacional del Sella
- Fascinating Entrada de Toros y Caballos of Segorbe
- The Falles of Valencia, fiestas of international tourist interest
- Feria de Abril: fiestas and events in Seville
- The Feria de Albacete already is of International Tourism Interest
- Meet the Feria del Caballo of Jerez de la Frontera
- Festival Internacional del Cante de las Minas of La Unión
- Fiestas of Spring
- título Tourism in Soria
- Festas do Apóstolo Santiago
- Les Fogueres de Sant Joan
- Fiestas patronales de la Santísima y Vera Cruz de Caravaca
- Moros y Cristianos of Alcoy
- Villajoyosa landing
- The Misteri d'Elx
- Corpus Christi of Toledo
- Palm Sunday in Elx
- Pilgrimage of the Rocío
- The Viking Pilgrimage of Catoira
- BOE núm. 276 of November 18, 2002.
- Fiestas de San Fermín
- The Holy Week of Cartagena
- The Holy Week of Cuenca brings to the streets to more than 30,000 nazarenes
- More than 15,000 drums celebrate the Holy Week in Hellin
- The Holy Week of León
- Tourism declares the Holy Week of Lorca Fiesta of International Tourist Interest
- Holy Week in Málaga
- título The Holy Week of Rioseco, declared fiesta de Interés Turístico Internacional
- RESOLUTION dated March 14, 2003, the General Secretariat of Tourism, by granting the title of "Fiesta of International Touristic Interest" to the Holy Week of Salamanca.
- Visite Seville in Holy Week
- Holy Week of Valladolid
- The Holy Week of Zamora, with international prestige
- History of la Tomatina - Official website of Tomatina de Bunyol
- The Corpus Christi of Ponteareas achieved the declaration of Fiesta of International Tourism Interest
- The Holy Week of Orihuela is declared Fiesta of International Tourism Interest
- "Viveiro celebra que su Semana Santa sea de Interés Turístico Internacional" (in spanish). La Región. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- ORDER ITC/1763/2006, May 3, by this it regulates the declaration of national and international tourist interest.
- Map of fiestas of Spain
- Local fiestas of Spain of International Tourist Interest (lay) Calendar formats iCalendar.
- Local fiestas of Spain of International Tourist Interest (religious) Calendar formats iCalendar.