Fifi and the Flowertots
|Fifi and the Flowertots|
|Created by||Keith Chapman|
|Voices of||Jane Horrocks
|Theme music composer||Alan Coates
Kim Goody (vocals)
|Country of origin||United States
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||121|
|Running time||29 mins|
|Production company(s)||Cosgrove Hall Films
Hit Entertainment (North America/Japan)
NBCUniversal Television Distribution
|Original network||Sprout (block) (U.S.)
DreamWorks Channel (Asia and MENA)
|First shown in||October 18, 2006|
|Original release||October 18, 2006 – September 9, 2010|
Fifi and the Flowertots is a British stop-motion children's television series created by Keith Chapman and produced by Chapman Entertainment and Hit Entertainment. The series originally aired on Sprout (block) in the United States and Five in the United Kingdom.
It features a group of flower-based characters and their adventures and activities through the garden. The title character, Fifi Forget-Me-Not, is voiced by Jane Horrocks, while the other characters are voiced by Maria Darling, Tim Whitnall and Marc Silk. This series is animated by Cosgrove Hall Films and produced by Chapman Entertainment and HiT Entertainment. Creator Keith Chapman is also the originator of the Bob the Builder series (now owned by Mattel).
UK and USA worldwide DVD and Video history
- Lionsgate (2007–2011)
- Fifi, Forget-me-not is the main protagonist who is usually the most cheerful. She says: "Hello! I am Fifi, forget-me-not!" at the beginning of each episode and at the end: "Bye! Don't forget to come back soon!" or "Don't forget to come and play another day!". When she forgets what to do, she says: "Fiddly Flowerpetals!" before describing the problem for the audience to guess. When she remembers, another character says: "Fifi forget-me-not forgot!". Sometimes her catchphrase when she forgets what to do is "Buttercups and Daisies!", and when something is wrong she says: "Diggly Dandelions!" A sociable character, she likes to cook and look after plants. Fifi lives in a watering can house. Voiced by Jane Horrocks.
- Aunt Tulip is Fifi's aunt. She likes to have tea parties and chats with the Flowertots. Lives in a pineapple house and has a pet grub, whose name is Grubby. He is very little, and so often lost. Aunt Tulip is voiced by Tim Whitnall.
- Buttercup is a buttercup. She lives in "Milk Bucket House" with Daisy and has a mouse called Cornflower because of his lovely blue colour. Voiced by Joanna Ruiz.
- Daisy is a daisy. She is a shy and dreamy Flowertot in comparison to her sister Buttercup. She is a little bit clumsy. She loves her comfort duckling toy called "Diddyduck".
- Poppy (known as Poppady in the United States) is Fifi's friend. She has a market stall where she sells everything that the Flowertots need for each episode. Lives in a pumpkin house.
- Primrose is Fifi's friend too. She is prim and doesn't like getting messy. She always wants to look magnificent. Most of all she is sad when something goes wrong for her. She likes to create apparel for herself and tries to dress Fifi up. Her catchphrase is "I am NOT having a good day!" and she is voiced by Maria Darling.
- Violet is Fifi's friend as well. She is very creative and loves painting. Lives with Primrose in a marrow house and is voiced by Maria Darling.
- Pip Gooseberry is the youngest of the Flowertots. He likes to help Fifi and Bumble in the garden. Sometimes he is too noisy and gets too excited. Fifi looks after him when Stingo and Slugsy play tricks on him. He lives in the gooseberry bushes on his playground and is voiced by Maria Darling.
- Bumble (known as Fuzzbuzz in the United States) is a bumblebee and Fifi's best friend. He often visits her and is always ready to come to her rescue but isn't good at landing and usually crashes. His catchphrase is "Wiggly Worms!" and he is voiced by Marc Silk.
- Stingo is a wasp who causes trouble for the Flowertots. He tries to steal food-related items: cake, blueberry, chocolate. Lives in a red apple house. His catchphrase is "Rotten Raspberries!" and he is voiced by Tim Whitnall.
- Hornetto is Stingo's cousin. He's a guitar playing hornet and even nastier than Stingo on occasion.
- Slugsy is a slug and Stingo's sidekick. He is always ready to help Stingo but is very slow and often accidentally ruins Stingo's plans. He loves Primrose but doesn't want her to find out, but sometimes he makes romantic deals. He lives at the top of Stingo's house. He speaks with a lisp and is voiced by Marc Silk.
- Flutterby is a butterfly, a friendly character. He takes Buttercup and Daisy around the garden and has a landing pad near the girls' house.
- Webby is a spider. She is the eldest and the wisest in Flowertot Garden. The Flowertots ask her for advice and help. But Stingo and Slugsy avoid her so as not to hit her web. So-called because she lives in a web house, she is voiced by Maria Darling.
- Mo is Fifi's lawnmower working for compost. He takes the harvest and the Flowertots around the garden.
- Diggly is a grumpy but funny worm. He lives on the compost heap and eats scraps but prefers pumpkin pies.
|1.||Fifi's Talent Show (Series Premiere)||All the tots enter a talent contest, but Fifi gets so distracted helping everyone else that she has no time to get ready herself! However, her "Fiddly Flowerpetals" song is much better than Slugsy's poem, and she gets a silver medal.|
|2.||Flowertots Fallout||Fifi tells Bumble off for messing up her flowers by sneezing, and Primrose scolds Violet for her spoiled dress while painting the picture. Fifi and Primrose become bored, so Fifi decides to make strawberry tarts and to apologize for her mistake.|
|3.||Bumble Catches A Cold||Bumble is suffering from a cold, so the Flowertots have a picnic at home.|
|4.||Smelly Slugsy||Primrose is invited for a meal by Slugsy, but his odour dissuades her from attending. Luckily, Bumble has an idea to troubleshoot it by touching the flowerpetals.|
|5.||Bumble Gets A Makeover||Fifi helps Bumble to paint his house. Primrose thinks that it's not good and asks to use decorations for beauty. But everything goes wrong and a ribbon gets stuck into a honey tap, so she decides to remove all the decorations and understands that beauty is not always important: the main thing is that everything gets on very well.|
|6.||Bumble Helps Out||Fifi is busy planting her flowers from the ground to the pots and forgets about the tea party. Bumble decides to help her with it when she is out. But he gets stuck in a compost heap and calls Fifi for help.|
|7.||Stingo Gets Stuck||Stingo attempts to help Webby, whose web has become filthy and made everything come unstuck.|
|8.||Flowertots Go Nuts||Strange objects have appeared in the garden after a storm. The tots ask Webby what they are and Webby explains that they are nuts and they can use them to make soap. This idea comes in very handy because all the soap has been sold in Poppy's market stall. Flowertots make soap and Primrose washes her dress out of dirt, and it becomes as good as new!|
|9.||Bumble's Big Race||Stingo challenges Bumble to a race, and decides to win no matter what.|
|10.||Blueberry Surprise||Fifi and Bumble offer to help out when Primrose and Violet's garden becomes over-run with fallen blueberries. After that they decide to make juice but they decide to do it the next day as they are already tired to do it.|
|11.||Picture Perfect||The Flowertots draw pictures but all of them are so good that Primrose can't choose a winner. But she makes a prize for Stingo: a set of paints.|
|12.||Violet's Party||When Fifi's invitation to Violet's party fails to arrive, she assumes that she has fallen out of favour. But Primrose just moves away from Slugsy's slide to cut her way, and Violet finally invites Fifi and explains what she has made: jelly, ice cream, cucumber sandwiches, and birthday cake. They go to the party.|
|13.||Leave It To Stingo||The wind has been blowing all night, and the garden is all messed up. Stingo promises to clean Fifi's garden and fix Violet and Primrose's chimney and Bumble's gate. Everybody presents him with cake, pie and honey, but when he eats them he forgets about his promise. So as a punishment, he and Slugsy are asked to do all those things.|
|14.||Mud Spies||It has been raining, and the garden is muddy. Fifi and Bumble make cakes of mud, and Stingo thinks that they are chocolate, but when he tries them, he understands that they are inedible.|
|15.||Treasure Hunt||Fifi is upset after losing a brooch Violet has made for her. Slugsy finds it, returns and becomes a real hero. At Bumble's party, Violet is glad to see the brooch again.|
|16.||Sports Day||When the Flowertots have a summer sports day, Stingo does his best to win every event possible. Unfortunately for him, his efforts are failed at every turn. So Slugsy helps Primrose get back on her feet and wins the competition.|
|17.||Fifi Fee Fi Fo Fum||Giant footprints appear in the garden after Fifi tells Pip the story of Jack and the Beanstalk. Have the gang got a giant on their hands?|
|18.||Life's A Beach||When the day is hot, Flowertots decide to transform the garden into a beach. But where has all the water gone?|
|19.||Fifi's In Charge||Poppy asks to look after her market stall and make some deliveries. But suddenly Pip delivers the wrong thing to Primrose.|
|20.||Hole Lot of Fun||Fifi and Bumble gather peas. Stingo is bored and wants something exciting to do. So he goes to them and strikes peas that get into the hole. Bumble asks Violet to make medals. When the competition starts, Webby leads score and Stingo wins because he has been able to get the peas into the hole from the first time. Anyway everyone eats Aunt Tulip's oat biscuits.|
|21.||Knitting Nonsense||Webby has a lot of interesting things and decides to throw them because of not having enough place. Fifi and the Flowertots deliver them to the different friends and suddenly Primrose's part of knit ties by Mo. Fifi goes to Webby and doesn't know whose it is. Then she knits a bag for Primrose and a scarf for Mo. Everybody thanks her.|
|22.||Spotty Pip||Stingo manages to convince Pip that he has Flowertot spots, and the only way for Pip to get better is to eat a lot of sweets and get painted with strawberry juice. Stingo's idea works wrongly on Pip. Can Fifi and her friends teach Stingo a lesson?|
|23.||Don't Go Changing!||Webby catches the Flowertots wishing they could be more like someone else and convinces them that they are perfect just as they are.|
|24.||The Wasp That Cried Ouch||The Flowertots are worried when Bumble gets injured. After that they suddenly hear Stingo's cries. He says that all his body pain. Primrose puts bandage on him and Flowertots bring him tasty things. Doing this they say that he has lied to them. When they play golf again as at the beginning they hear cries again and think that Stingo pretends that he is ill again. But when they come to him they see that he has eaten too many food and he is really ill. They relaxed believing that he would be OK soon and think before crying "Ouch!".|
|25.||Primrose's Perfume Song||Fifi and Bumble set about concocting a new perfume for Primrose, but Bumble confuses the perfume mixture with the contents of the compost bucket. So he throws it and adds flowers instead. Finally they make a good perfume for Primrose.|
|26.||Chocolate Surprise||Fifi prepares a cake for the garden party, but needs to buy some eggs. When she goes out for them Stingo touches filling and it spills. But that's okay because when she comes it becomes solid. All Flowertots start drinking tea on party but Stingo even refuses to try chocolate saying that he hates it.|
|27.||Pip Learns To Dance||Pip wants to learn to dance well for the upcoming disco, but who's going to show him all the best moves?|
|28.||Fizzy Business||It's a very hot day. Fifi and Bumble make the lemonade, when she goes for bottles it disappears. Bumble and Fifi can't understand where has it all gone but when they give it for everybody to drink, they see Stingo and Slugsy hiccuping who do not want to see the lemonade at all, and understand that they have drunk it all.|
|29.||Belle of the Ball||All the Flowertots get ready for an annual summer ball but Fifi helps everybody else with outfits that she even doesn't know what outfit to have. But she collects flower petals and makes a ball dress of them. Everybody is very beautiful at ball, Pip gets medal but he gives it to Fifi for helping him to get ready for the ball. Stingo and Slugsy eat a lot of sweet things which are on the table and leave the ball.|
|30.||Flying Lessons||Stingo gets irritated with Slugsy for being so slow all the time, so Slugsy asks the other Flowertots to help him get airborne.|
|31.||Big Crunch Day||The Flowertots have grown their own fruit and vegetables to eat on Big Crunch Day for keeping their teeth healthy. But Bumble discovers that his peas have gone mushy. Stingo and Slugsy had grown a big juicy apple but they ate Poppy's candies instead and got a toothache. Such stupid characters left Big Crunch Day.|
|32.||Fifi's Scarecrow||Fifi tries to build a scarecrow to frighten away the butterflies which keep eating her vegetables. But when it fails to scare them off and also Grubby gets frightened of Primrose, she steps in and exchanges her and scarecrow clothes. Butterflies get frightened as Grubby and fly out of the garden. Finally Fifi shows Flowertots what she has grown and sings them a song.|
|33.||Soup of the Day||It's a cold day in the garden so Flowertots make a soup. Primrose asks to bring required ingredients but everybody is out of peas. When she boils her peas in the pan and forgets about her soup it suddenly burns. Flowertots boil it again already of the vegetables they have and invite everybody to eat it.|
|34.||Fiddlesticks Fifi||Fifi is concerned when Bumble does not return after going to look for a spade, but the flowertots soon hear some peculiar noises. Fifi says everybody that it's nonsense but then recognizes that it's Bumble lost in the bushes. Aunt Tulip gives him a drink with honey and cinnamon and he starts feeling fine. Fifi promises to listen to everything very carefully without saying "Fiddlesticks!".|
|35.||Fifi's Good Turn||Aunt Tulip is giving a prize for the best garden. Stingo and Slugsy pretend that they have a pain, so Fifi has to clean their garden. But when she does it, Stingo and Slugsy get a prize for cleaning Fifi's garden and so they have to do it.|
|36.||Forget Me Tot||Fifi hangs her washing but suddenly she has run out of clothes pegs. She goes to the Poppy's market, and Poppy reminds Fifi that she has promised to help her washing the potatoes. And then suddenly she forgot that she had promised to help Violet, Primrose, Pip and Bumble. So poor Fifi goes to Webby, and she lends a helping hand. Then Fifi helps everybody, and everybody thanks her for helping. Then she goes to Stingo and remembering that it is "Wasps Love Day" gives him a chocolate-covered strawberry. Slugsy goes to Poppy's market to buy him some honey.|
|37.||Fancy Free Fifi||Bumble and Violet persuade Fifi to take a day off from all her gardening, assuring her that they can look after it for her. But they were unable to do all the jobs: beetles assaulted on Fifi's potatoes.|
|38.||Stingo's Shopping Spree||Stingo and Slugsy are being unusually helpful, offering to do everybody's shopping for them. Could they be up to no good?|
|39.||Fifi Follows Clues||Fifi has baked the pies but when she and Bumble go for the blueberries to make juice, Stingo and Slugsy steal a carrot cake, a blueberry pie and honey flat cakes. When Fifi, Bumble and Primrose see that they have disappeared they have to find them by clues not to cancel a sweet party. But Primrose detected the honey footprints to find the thief.|
|40.||Big Band Night||The day has dawned for the Flowertot concert. Bumble wants to practise his drums but Stingo gets annoyed at the racket Bumble does, wakes up and steals his drums and honey. Fifi has a sore throat and they have to find drums and honey to cure Fifi's hoarse voice. But which way must they use? A fighting (learning to fight) or a peaceful one? To answer this question, you should see this episode up to the end.|
|41.||Daisy Chain Dance||The tots were hoping to hold their annual daisy chain dance in the garden but it is all muddy. Can Fifi come up with an idea to ensure the show goes on?|
- Fifi and The Flowertots official site
- Fifi and The Flowertots on Nick Jr. UK
- Fifi and the Flowertots on IMDb
- Fifi and the Flowertots at TV.com
- That's one of the episodes where all the letters in each word are capital ones.