Fifth Federal Electoral District of Baja California
The Fifth Federal Electoral District of Baja California (V Distrito Electoral Federal de Baja California) is one of the 300 Electoral Districts into which Mexico is divided for the purpose of elections to the federal Chamber of Deputies and one of eight such districts in the state of Baja California.
Under the 2005 redistricting process, it is made up of the central and eastern portions of the city of Tijuana.
The district's head town (cabecera distrital), where results from individual polling stations are gathered together and collated, is the city of Tijuana, Baja California.
Previous districting schemes
Between 1996 and 2005, this electoral district covered a similar area to its present limits, except that it extended south as far as Playas de Rosarito, thereby also including a rural area that it has since lost.
Deputies returned to Congress from this district
- LI Legislature
- 1979–1982: María del Carmen Márquez (PRI)
- LII Legislature
- LIII Legislature
- LIV Legislature
- 1988–1991: Oscar Treviño Arredondo (PRI)
- LV Legislature
- 1991–1994: Miguel Ernesto Enciso Clark (PAN)
- LVI Legislature
- 1994–1997: Franciscana Krauss Velarde (PRI)
- LVII Legislature
- 1997–2000: Francisco Javier Reynoso Nuño (PAN)
- LVIII Legislature
- 2000–2003: José Francisco Blake Mora (PAN)
- LIX Legislature
- 2003–2006: José Guadalupe Osuna Millán (PAN)
- LX Legislature
- 2006–2009: Antonio Valladolid Rodríguez (PAN)