Fifth grade (called Grade 5 in some regions) is a year of education in the USA and some other countries. The fifth grade is the fifth school year of elementary school. Depending on the school district, the grade may be the second to last or last year of elementary school, the first year of middle school or the first year of intermediate school. Students are usually 10–11 years old. In England and Wales, the equivalent is Year 6.
- In math, 5th graders work with fraction arithmetic, prime and composite, LCM, GCF, and area and volume in geometry. Most 5th graders work with pre-algebra in this grade.
- In science, 5th graders work with atoms, molecules, cells, the periodic table, anatomy and element (ie silver).
- English includes poetry, a book report, writers, and spelling (rules).
- A 5th grade social studies class includes, WWI, Industrial Revolution, World War II, economics, government and the Civil War.
Many 5th graders may or may not have recess.
- Primary education
- Educational stage
- Education in England
- Education in Scotland
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?