From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Fifty)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)|
This article is about the number. For the year 50 AD, see 50. For other uses of 50, see 50 (disambiguation).
|Factorization||2 × 52|
|Divisors||1, 2, 5, 10, 25, 50|
Fifty is the smallest number that is the sum of two non-zero square numbers in two distinct ways: 50 = 12 + 72 = 52 + 52. It is also the sum of three squares, 50 = 32 + 42 + 52. It is a Harshad number.
|Look up fifty in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- In Kabbalah, there are 50 Gates of Wisdom (or Understanding) and 50 Gates of Impurity
- The traditional number of years in a jubilee period.
- 50 goals in 50 games is a milestone achievement in the NHL, first set by Maurice "Rocket" Richard in the 1944-45 season.
- The jersey number 50 has been retired by a number of North American sports teams in honor of past playing greats or other figures.
- In Major League Baseball:
- In the NBA:
- In the NFL:
- No NHL team has retired the number, which is not frequently issued.
- The jersey number 50 has also been retired by the men's basketball program of the University of North Carolina for Tyler Hansbrough.
In other fields
- There are 50 states in the United States of America. The TV show Hawaii Five-O and its reimagined version, Hawaii Five-0, are so called because Hawaii is the last (50th) of the states to officially become a state.
- 5-O (Five-Oh) - Slang for police officers and/or a warning that police are approaching. Derived from the television show Hawaii Five-O
- A calibre of ammunition (0.50 inches: see .50 BMG)
- In millimetres, the focal length of the normal lens in 35 mm photography
- The percentage (50%) equivalent to one half, so that the phrase "fifty-fifty" commonly expresses something divided equally in two; in business this is often denoted as being the ultimate in equal partnership
- In years of marriage, the gold or "golden" wedding anniversary
- Nickname 50 Cent, a rapper.
- A Canadian brand of beer called 50 Ale created in 1950 by Labatt breweries to commemorate 50 years of partnership. It is a popular brand still sold today.
- The fiftieth pope was Pope Anastasius II.
- The speed limit, in kilometres per hour, of Australian and Canadian roads with unspecified limits.
- The number of rings required to transform Sonic to his super form in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise.
- de Koninck, J.M. (2009). Those fascinating numbers. AMS Bookstore. p. 18. ISBN 0-8218-4807-0.
- Leviticus 25:10
- Karen Rhodes (1 February 1997). Booking Hawaii Five-O: An Episode Guide and Critical History of the 1968–1980 Television Detective Series. McFarland. p. 265. ISBN 978-0-7864-8666-3.