Make Some Noise (Beastie Boys song)
|"Make Some Noise"|
|Single by Beastie Boys|
|from the album Hot Sauce Committee Part Two|
|B-side||Passion Pit Remix|
|Released||April 11, 2011|
|Format||Digital download, CD single|
|Genre||Alternative hip hop, funk rock, big beat|
|Writer(s)||Michael Diamond, Adam Keefe Horovitz, Adam Nathaniel Yauch|
|Beastie Boys singles chronology|
"Make Some Noise" is a song by American hip hop group the Beastie Boys, released as the third single from their eighth studio album, Hot Sauce Committee Part Two (2011). Following two other singles from the album, "Make Some Noise" was released on April 11, 2011, prior to the album's release. The song is also their highest-charting single since 2004's "Ch-Check It Out", peaking at #1 on the Nielsen BDS alternative rock indicator chart. The song appears on the soundtrack to the videogame Madden NFL 12.
A standard length music video for "Make Some Noise" was released on April 20, 2011. The video is a sequel to music video for the Beastie Boys' 1987 single "(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!)". Seth Rogen, Danny McBride, and Elijah Wood portray Mike D, MCA, and Ad-Rock respectively as they continue the party throughout town. The music video features many notable film and television actors in cameo roles: Rashida Jones, Will Arnett, Rainn Wilson, Jason Schwartzman, Mary Steenburgen, Ted Danson, Amy Poehler, Steve Buscemi, Chloë Sevigny, Maya Rudolph, Kirsten Dunst, David Cross, Orlando Bloom, Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, and Jack Black.
A 30-minute-long version written and directed by MCA and entitled Fight for Your Right Revisited was released the following day to commemorate the 25th anniversary of "(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!)". It is an extended version of the music video with additional segments, followed by a dance battle between the Beastie Boys and their future selves that ends with both past and future versions urinating on each other and everyone getting arrested by the police (played by the actual Beastie Boys). There are cameos from Susan Sarandon, Rashida Jones, Stanley Tucci, Amy Poehler, Mary Steenburgen, Alicia Silverstone, Laura Dern, Milo Ventimiglia and Martin Starr. Additional performers include Adam Scott, Roman Coppola, Shannyn Sossamon, Jody Hill, Dan Aykroyd, Mike Mills, Arabella Field, Alfredo Ortiz, and Silvia Šuvadová. MCA's daughter Losel also makes a brief appearance in the videos.
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||24|
|Belgium (Ultratip Wallonia)||16|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||76|
|Germany (German Youth Airplay Chart)||40|
|Netherlands (Mega Single Top 100)||87|
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 (Billboard)||2|
|US Alternative Songs (Billboard)||7|
|US Mainstream Rock Songs (Billboard)||29|
|US Rock Songs (Billboard)||12|
- "Make Some Noise Lyrics". Gracenote. May 8, 2011.
- "Beastie Boys' 'Make Some Noise' Video Premieres - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV.com. 2011-04-20. Retrieved 2013-07-07.
- "Beastie Boys' Star-Studded 'Make Some Noise' Video Premieres". Billboard. Retrieved 2013-07-07.
- "Beastie Boys' 'Fight For Your Right Revisited': Five Things You Might Have Missed - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV.com. 2011-04-21. Retrieved 2013-07-07.
- "Fight for Your Right Revisited" (video) at the Internet Movie Database
- "ultratop.be - Beastie Boys - Make Some Noise". Retrieved 2011-05-11.
- "Beastie Boys - Make Some Noise - Music Charts". Acharts.us. Retrieved 2011-05-11.
- German Airplay Chart, Retrieved on 2011-06-03
- "dutchcharts.nl - Beastie Boys - Make Some Noise". Retrieved 2011-05-11.
- "Beastie Boys Album & Song Chart History: Alternative Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2011-05-11.
- on YouTube
- "Make Some Noise" Long, uncensored version on Dumpert
- on YouTube
- Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
|This 2010s hip hop single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|