Figure skating at the 1908 Summer Olympics
at the Games of the IV Olympiad
|Venue||Prince's Skating Club |
London, United Kingdom
|Dates||28–29 October 1908|
|Competitors||21 from 6 nations|
|Figure skating at the|
1908 Summer Olympics
Four figure skating events were contested at the 1908 Summer Olympics in London, but they were held in October 1908, six months after most of the other Olympic events at the 1908 Games. The figure skating competition took place at the Prince's Skating Club, in the district of Knightsbridge. It was the first time that a winter sport had ever been included in the Olympic Games, sixteen years before the first Winter Olympics in Chamonix. The number of competitors was very low, with two events having only three entrants, guaranteeing a medal for participation.
|Men's special figures
and Heinrich Burger
and James H. Johnson
and Edgar Syers
|Totals (4 nations)||4||4||4||12|
21 figure skaters from 6 nations competed.
- "Figure Skating at the 1908 Summer Olympics". Olympedia. Retrieved 1 July 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Figure skating at the 1908 Summer Olympics.|
- Cook, Theodore Andrea (1908). The Fourth Olympiad, Being the Official Report (PDF). London: British Olympic Association. pp. 284–295. Retrieved 4 April 2014. (courtesy LA84 Foundation Sports Library)
- "London 1908 Figure Skating". Olympic.org. International Olympic Committee. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "Figure Skating at the 1908 London Summer Games". SR/Olympic Sports. Sports Reference. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "Results of the Olympic Winter Games". Memories of the Olympic Winter Games. Archived from the original on 7 April 2014. Retrieved 4 April 2014.