|Genres||Electronic, Indie Rock, Indie Pop|
|Labels||BlackBean & Placenta Tape Club, March Records|
|Associated acts||Dntel, The Postal Service, James Figurine, Boothby, Strictly Ballroom, The Whitest Boy Alive|
Figurine is an electronica band based in the USA. The band members, friends since high school, use the pseudonyms David Figurine (Forster David Rudolph), James Figurine (Jimmy Tamborello) and Meredith Figurine (Meredith Landman).
While the band seems to be inactive as of 2006[update], all three members are also involved in other bands or have released solo work under their respective Figurine monikers. Mainly a long distance collaboration, the band was a precursor to James Figurine/Tamborello's later, more commercially successful project The Postal Service. Tamborello has also used the Figurine pseudonym for an official remix of Bright Eyes' Easy/Lucky/Free in 2005 and a solo album in 2006. Meredith is also a vocalist for Boothby.
Figurine lyrics commonly tell whimsical love stories involving technology, such as space stations, instant messaging or internet cafes. Their song "New Mate" was featured on the soundtrack of the 2004 cult film Napoleon Dynamite.
- Transportation + Communication = Love (1998, re-released in 2002)
- The Heartfelt (2001, re-released in 2005)
- Reconfigurine (2002) - Remix album
- Discard EP (2002)
- "I Wait For You (By the Telephone)" (1996)
- "Zero Degrees" (2000)
- "IMpossible" (2001)
- Split LP - James Figurine vs. David Figurine (2001) - Solo material by James Figurine and David Figurine
- Mistake Mistake Mistake Mistake (2006) - James Figurine solo album
- "Virtual Reality Suit (Outake #1)" (1999) Dead Turtle Records