|• Lord mayor (2015–23)||Christoph Traub (CDU)|
|• Total||38.54 km2 (14.88 sq mi)|
|Elevation||371 m (1,217 ft)|
|• Density||1,200/km2 (3,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Dialling codes||0711 and 07158|
Filderstadt (German pronunciation: [ˈfɪldɐˌʃtat] (listen); Swabian: Fildorsdadd) is a town in the district of Esslingen in Baden-Württemberg in southern Germany. It is located approximately 13 km south of Stuttgart.
Princess Claire of Luxembourg was born here on 21 March 1985.
- Eduard Mörike (1804–1875), Swabian poet, held in Bernhäuser Jakobuskirche his first sermon and lived during his time as a vicar in 1829 a few months in the Plattenhardt rectory
- Michael Ende (1929–1995), writer of books for children, (Die unendliche Geschichte, Momo), died in Bonlanden (Filderklinik)
- Roman Herzog (1934–2017), politician (CDU), former German President, lived during his tenure as interior minister of Baden-Württemberg (1980–1983) from 1978 five years in the Ludwigstraße (Ludwig street) in Bernhausen
- Paul Maar (born 1937), writer and illustrator, taught in the 1970s for several years as an art teacher at the Eduard-Spranger-Gymnasium in Bernhausen
- Laura Siegemund (born 1988), tennis player
- Helen Grobert (born 1992), cyclist
- Marvin Plattenhardt (born 1992), soccer player at Hertha BSC
- Leonie Adam (born 1993), trampoline gymnast
Twin towns – sister cities
- Aktuelle Wahlergebnisse, Staatsanzeiger, accessed 12 September 2021.
- "Bevölkerung nach Nationalität und Geschlecht am 31. Dezember 2021" [Population by nationality and sex as of December 31, 2021] (CSV) (in German). Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg. June 2022.
- "Impressum." Contact Air. 17 July 2012. Retrieved on 7 January 2015. "Contact Air Flugdienst GmbH + Co. Gottlieb-Manz-Straße 2 70794 Filderstadt"
- "Partnerstädte". filderstadt.de (in German). Filderstadt. Retrieved 2019-11-30.