BlondieHeartOfGlass.ogg (Ogg Vorbis sound file, length 25 s, 69 kbps)
25 second sound sample of the song "Heart of Glass" by Blondie, originally from the album Parallel Lines (1978)
Written by Deborah Harry and Chris Stein
Produced by Mike Chapman
Source: The Best of Blondie
Copyright: 1978 Chrysalis Records.
|This is a sound sample from a song, movie, sound effect, or other audio recording that is currently copyrighted. The copyright for it may be owned by the company who made it or the author. For a song, it may also be owned by the person(s) who performed it. It is believed that the use of this work qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law when used on the English-language Wikipedia, hosted on servers in the U.S. by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation, where:
A more detailed fair use rationale should be provided by the user who uploaded this sample.
Any other uses of this sample, on Wikipedia or elsewhere, may be copyright infringement. If you are the copyright holder of this sample and you feel that its use here does not fall under "fair use", please see Wikipedia:Copyright problems for information on how to proceed.
To the uploader: If this is a free, non-copyrighted audio recording, please post it to Wikimedia Commons instead. Fair use
Fair use rationale
This is a sound sample from a commercial recording. Its inclusion in the article "Blondie" is claimed as fair use because:
- it complies with guidelines as described at Wikipedia:Music samples
- file was created in Ogg Vorbis format, with a quality setting of 0
- it is a sample of 25 seconds which is <10% of the original recording of 4 minutes, 34 seconds
- its length and quality would not readily allow it to be used as a substitute for the original commercial recording
- it is not replaceable with an uncopyrighted or freely copyrighted sample of comparable educational value.
- it illustrates an educational article that specifically discusses the song from which this sample was taken
- it is believed that this sample will not affect the value of the original work or limit the copyright holder's rights or ability to distribute the original recording.
I believe that this use of the excerpt is in good faith, and that its inclusion enhances rather than reduces the commercial value of the recording from which it was drawn. Rossrs 07:09, 22 July 2006 (UTC)
Rationale of fair use in Disco article
This is a sound sample from a commercial recording. Its inclusion here is claimed as fair use because:
- It illustrates an educational article that specifically discusses the song from which this sample was taken. The section of music used is discussed in the article in relation to the song's lyrics, musical and vocal style, and may contain part of the song's chorus.
- It is a sample of no more than 30 seconds from a much longer recording, and could not be used as a substitute for the original commercial recording or to recreate the original recording.
- It is of a lower quality than the original recording.
- It is not replaceable with an uncopyrighted or freely copyrighted sample of comparable educational value.
- It is believed that this sample will not affect the value of the original work or limit the copyright holder's rights or ability to distribute the original recording.
- The audio sample is a copyrighted work. U.S. copyright laws apply to this work. Should a free or public domain sample be located, it should be used in place of this audio sample.
I believe that this use of the excerpt is in good faith, and that its inclusion enhances the quality of the article Disco, without reducing the commercial value of the recording from which it was drawn. Jagged 85 (talk) 04:57, 6 August 2012 (UTC)
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||07:11, 22 July 2006||25 s (213 KB)||Rossrs||sound sample of the song "Heart of Glass (song(" by Blondie (band)|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
Transcode statusUpdate transcode status
|Completed 03:18, 25 December 2017||1.0 s|