File:Crime-Hot Wire My Heart.ogg
Crime-Hot_Wire_My_Heart.ogg (Ogg Vorbis sound file, length 30 s, 59 kbps)
Description: 30-second OGG Vorbis (quality 0) sample—with applied .5-second fadein and 1-second fadeout—of the song "Hot Wire My Heart" (1976), performed and written by Crime; an alternate take of the original single release version
Copyright holder: Crime
Source: San Francisco's STILL Doomed CD, Crime (Swami Records, 2004)
This is a sound sample from a commercial recording. Its inclusion here is claimed as fair use because:
- It illustrates an educational article that discusses the source band's role as one of the first U.S. punk bands outside of New York and this song, the first releases by a West Coast punk band, as discussed in the accompanying text;
- It is a low-bit-rate sample of about 30 seconds from a much longer recording, and could not be used as a substitute for the original commercial recording;
- It is not replaceable with a free-use sample of comparable educational value; and
- It is believed that this sample will not affect the value of the original work or limit the copyright holder's rights or ability to distribute the original recording.
|This work is copyrighted (or assumed to be copyrighted) and unlicensed. It does not fall into one of the blanket acceptable non-free content categories listed at Wikipedia:Non-free content § Images or Wikipedia:Non-free content § Audio clips, and it is not covered by a more specific non-free content license listed at Category:Wikipedia non-free file copyright templates. However, it is believed that the use of this work:
qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law. Any other uses of this image, on Wikipedia or elsewhere, may be copyright infringement. See Wikipedia:Non-free content and Wikipedia:Copyrights.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||05:10, 2 April 2008||30 s (218 KB)||DCGeist||==Summary== '''Description:''' 30-second OGG Vorbis (quality 0) sample—with applied .5-second fadein and 1-second fadeout—of the song "Hot Wire My Heart" (1976), performed and written by Crime; an alternate take of the original single|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
Transcode statusUpdate transcode status
|Completed 03:37, 25 December 2017||1.0 s|