File:Dirk Gently UK front cover.jpg
Dirk_Gently_UK_front_cover.jpg (258 × 385 pixels, file size: 18 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Fair use rationale in Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
While this image is being used in the article about the book, it is also being used in the article about the book's author. The image is of the first hardcover printing of the book, which is now rare, and was only one of two books published about its title character. For these reasons, it is believed that this use of this image does not infringe on the rights of the book's publisher, William Heinemann Ltd.
- It illustrates an article about the book from which the cover illustration was taken.
- The image is used as the primary means of visual identification of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.
- The use of the cover will not affect the value of the original work or limit the copyright holder's rights or ability to distribute the original. In particular, copies could not be used to make illegal copies of the book.
- It is a low resolution image.
- The image is only a small portion of the commercial product.
- It is not replaceable with an uncopyrighted or freely copyrighted image of comparable educational value.
|This image is of book cover(s), and the copyright for it is most likely owned either by the artist who created the cover(s) or the publisher of the book(s). It is believed that the use of low-resolution images of book covers
qualifies as fair use under the Copyright law of the United States. Other use of this image, on Wikipedia or elsewhere, might be copyright infringement. See Wikipedia:Non-free content for more information.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||00:26, 24 July 2017||258 × 385 (18 KB)||DatBot||Reduce size of non-free image (BOT - disable)|
|23:47, 29 November 2005||No thumbnail||363 × 543 (42 KB)||JohnDBuell||Scan of the front cover of the UK first hardcover edition of ''Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency'' by Douglas Adams, first printed in 1987 by William Heinemann Ltd., London.|