Fair use publicity shot of John Inman while in Are You Being Served?. Courtesy of http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6429573.stm.
|This is a copyrighted image that has been released by a company or organization to promote their work or product in the media, such as advertising material or a promotional photo in a press kit.|
The copyright for it is most likely owned by the company who created the promotional item or the artist who produced the item in question; you must provide evidence of such ownership. Lack of such evidence is grounds for deletion.
It is believed that the use of some images of promotional material to illustrate:
qualifies as fair use under Copyright law of the United States. Any other usage of this image, on Wikipedia or elsewhere, might be copyright infringement. See Wikipedia:Non-free content and Wikipedia:Publicity photos.Additionally, the copyright holder may have granted permission for use in works such as Wikipedia. However, if they have, this permission likely does not fall under a free license.
Fair Use Rationale for John Inman
- It is used in an infobox with the article only about John Inman.
- No free or public domain images are available for John Inman.
- The image does not limit the copyright owners' rights to distribute the image in any way.
- This image is widely distributed in other venues, so its use on Wikipedia does not make it significantly more accessible or visible than it already is.
- The notable and arguably instantly recognisable image of John Inman is being used for educational, critical and informational purposes to assist the reader in reviewing the article. Its use is not believed to deprive its copyright holders (BBC) of any financial gain.
- The image is low resolution. Copies made from it will be of inferior quality, making it unsuitable for piracy.
- It is used as the primary means of visual identification of a notable deceased actor.
- It is only a small portion of the commercial product.
- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6429573.stm Copyright ownership BBC
- He's also dead, so opportunities to obtain free use material is semi-impossible.
- Note that this does not claim fair use in articles other than those listed above. If you wish to use this image in another article, please add a new fair use rationale below.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||01:02, 29 September 2012||220 × 300 (86 KB)||Fountain Posters||Redder|
|00:59, 29 September 2012||No thumbnail||220 × 300 (80 KB)||Fountain Posters||Blue needed|
|12:33, 8 March 2007||No thumbnail||220 × 300 (22 KB)||Berks105||Fairuse publicity shot of John Inman while in ''Are You Being Served?''. Courtesy of http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6429573.stm.|
- You cannot overwrite this file.