- Description: front cover of Sounds (magazine), with the caption "New Muzick The Cold Wave"
- Photographer: Penni Smith
- Date: Sounds, cover of 26 November 1979
- Source: Scan of original cover
This image of this magazine is being linked here; though it is subject to copyright, it is believed to meet with Wikipedia's fair use image policy for use in this article because:
- it is a low-resolution reproduction;
- it does not limit the copyright owner's rights to sell the photograph in any way;
- it is being used only for informational purposes;
- its inclusion adds significantly to the article because it illustrates the article's primary subject matter, which is that the term "Colwave" already existed in the music press in 1977. and
- No free alternative could be created or found to illustrate the topic in question. The magazine is no longer in print and no free image can be obtained from the publisher
|This is a copyrighted image that has been released by a company or organization to promote their work or product in the media, such as advertising material or a promotional photo in a press kit.|
The copyright for it is most likely owned by the company who created the promotional item or the artist who produced the item in question; you must provide evidence of such ownership. Lack of such evidence is grounds for deletion.
It is believed that the use of some images of promotional material to illustrate:
qualifies as fair use under Copyright law of the United States. Any other usage of this image, on Wikipedia or elsewhere, might be copyright infringement. See Wikipedia:Non-free content and Wikipedia:Publicity photos.
Additionally, the copyright holder may have granted permission for use in works such as Wikipedia. However, if they have, this permission likely does not fall under a free license.
Please note that our policy usually considers fair use images of living people that merely show what they look like to be replaceable by free-licensed images and unsuitable for the project. If this is not the case for this image, a rationale must be provided proving that the image provides information beyond simple identification or showing that this image is difficult to replace by a free-licensed equivalent. Commercial third-party reusers of this image should consider whether their use is in violation of the subject's publicity rights.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||06:50, 25 January 2017||267 × 373 (28 KB)||Theo's Little Bot||Reduce size of non-free image (BOT - disable)|
|09:54, 21 October 2013||No thumbnail||821 × 1,149 (287 KB)||Woovee||Uploading a file from a free published source using File Upload Wizard|
- You cannot overwrite this file.