A screenshot of the last version of Microsoft FrontPage.
Microsoft product screenshot, used with permission from Microsoft.
This image is a copyrighted screen shot of a commercially released computer software product of Microsoft Corporation. Microsoft Corporation has allowed screen shots of its commercially released computer software products to be used in advertising, documentations, educational materials, videos and web sites as long as they are not obscene or pornographic, are not disparaging, defamatory, or libelous to Microsoft, and are not digitally altered (except for being resized).
However, the use of this screenshot in Wikipedia must comply with Wikipedia Non-free content criteria policy. Images that do not comply may be nominated for deletion.
Use of Microsoft copyrighted content
- Requirements for allowed uses
- For permission to be granted by Microsoft for any uses allowed by these guidelines, you must comply with the following four requirements:
- If your use includes references to a Microsoft product, you must use the full name of the product. When referencing any Microsoft trademarks, follow the General Microsoft Trademark Guidelines.
- You must include the following statement: "Used with permission from Microsoft."
- Your use may not be obscene or pornographic, and you may not be disparaging, defamatory, or libelous to Microsoft, any of its products, or any other person or entity.
- If you wish to benefit from Microsoft's automatic permission grant, you may not use screenshots of Microsoft product boot-up screens, opening screens, "splash screens", or screens from beta release products or other products that have not been commercially released. You may use other screenshots in advertising, in documentation (including educational brochures), in tutorial books, in videotapes, or on Web sites, provided that, in addition to the requirements above, you:
- Do not alter the screenshot except to resize it.
- Do not use portions of screenshots.
- Do not include screenshots in your product user interface.
- Do not use screenshots that contain third-party content.
- Do not use screenshots that contain an image of an identifiable individual.
Rationale for use on Wikipedia in the article Microsoft FrontPage
|Non-free media information and use rationale for Microsoft FrontPage
Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003.
This is a screenshot taken from an optical disc, television broadcast, web page, computer software or streaming media broadcast. Copyright holder: Microsoft
The image is of sufficient resolution for commentary and identification but lower resolution than the original. Copies made from it will be of inferior quality, unsuitable as artwork on pirate versions or other uses that would compete with the commercial purpose of the original work.
|Purpose of use
The image is significant in illustrating the subject of the article, facilitating critical commentary as it provides an immediate relevance to the reader more capably than the textual description alone.
As a screenshot, the image is not replaceable by free content; any other image of the work would also be copyrighted, and any version that is not true to the original would be inadequate for identification or critical commentary.
- No free equivalent exists that would effectively identify the article's subject.
- The image does not in any way limit the ability of the copyright owners to market or sell their product.
- The image is only used sparingly and is rendered in low resolution to avoid piracy.
- The image has been published outside of Wikipedia, either as an optical disc format, media broadcast, website content or computer software.
- The image meets Wikipedia's media-specific policy.
- The image meets general Wikipedia content requirements and is encyclopedic.
- The image is used in the article wiki-linked in the section title.
- The image is significant in illustrating the subject of the article, facilitating critical commentary as it provides an immediate relevance to the reader more capably than the textual description alone.
- The image is used in the article namespace.
- The image has a brief description that identifies the image, and provides attribution to the copyright holder.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||06:00, 7 November 2014||392 × 254 (39 KB)||Theo's Little Bot (talk | contribs)||Reduce size of non-free image (BOT - disable)|
|07:33, 13 May 2014||No thumbnail||1,024 × 664 (47 KB)||Modernponderer (talk | contribs)||Reverted to version as of 13:13, 17 March 2011 default colour scheme; taskbar not visible|
|13:04, 25 November 2012||No thumbnail||1,024 × 768 (70 KB)||SuperMarioWar170 (talk | contribs)|
|13:13, 17 March 2011||No thumbnail||1,024 × 664 (47 KB)||Edokter (talk | contribs)||Narrowed to 1024|
The following pages on the English Wikipedia link to this file (pages on other projects are not listed):