Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|File hosting service|
|Alexa rank||38,833 (July 2015[update])|
FileServe was an online file hosting service.
Blocks and blacklisting
- On 16–18 November 2011, Virgin Media customers were unable to download from the site after it was blacklisted by the Internet Watch Foundation due to a single upload containing illegal content.
- In November 2011, FileServe was added to Google's blacklist for auto-complete and instant search services together with several other file locker sites.
- On 22 January 2012, Fileserve and many of its sister sites disabled their file sharing feature, making it so its users can only download files they have personally uploaded to their own accounts.
- On 31 January 2012, Fileserve re-enabled its file sharing feature on its website so many users who were still active on the site can now continue to share their files with others. During the time when file sharing was disabled, many of the thousands of files and users of FileServe have been deleted either by the end user or by Fileserve themselves for breach of copyright and (In The End-User Case) loss of Fileserve's affiliate program. Many of its sister sites such as Filesonic still don't allow file sharing through their systems. There is currently[when?] no word on when or if Filesonic or its sister sites will re-enable their file sharing feature in the future.
- On 1 April 2012, Fileserve once again made it so users can only download files they have personally uploaded to their own accounts.
- "Fileserve.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 29 July 2015.
- discuss.com.hk (in Chinese) On 22 January 2012, Fileserve closed down its sharing services due to the impact on film companies because of the sharing of copyrighted movies.
- Meyer, David (21 Nov 2011). "Blacklist hitch causes Virgin Media FileServe block". Retrieved 18 December 2011.
- "Google Now Censors The Pirate Bay, isoHunt, 4Shared and More". TorrentFreak. 23 November 2011. Retrieved 18 December 2011.
- Cheerin, Iris (24 Nov 2011). "Google Continues Silent Censorship". TechWeek Europe. Retrieved 18 December 2011.
|This World Wide Web–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|