This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Archive Manager 3.10.1
|Initial release||May 12, 2001|
|Stable release||3.28.2 (9 May 2018) [±]|
3.27.4 (10 January 2018[±])
3.27.4 (10 January 2018[±]3.27.4 (10 January 2018 ) ) [±]
Archive Manager can:
- Create and modify archives.
- View the content of an archive.
- View a file contained in the archive.
- Extract files from the archive.
- 7z (.7z)
- ar (.ar)
- ARJ (.arj)
- gzip (.tar.gz , .tgz)
- bzip (.tar.bz , .tbz)
- bzip2 (.tar.bz2 , .tbz2)
- xz (.tar.xz)
- compress (.tar.Z , .taz)
- Portable Executable (.exe, .dll)
- lzip (.tar.lz , .tlz)
- LZO (.tar.lzo , .tzo)
- JAR archives (.jar , .ear , .war)
- LHA archives (.lzh)
- RAR archives (.rar)
- StuffIt archives (.bin, .sit)
- ZIP archives (.zip)
- Zoo archives (.zoo)
- Single files compressed with gzip, bzip, bzip2, compress, lzip, LZO, xz
- ISO images (.iso) (read-only)
- DEB (.deb) (read-only)
- RPM (.rpm) (read-only)
While Archive Manager has the ability to use various formats (7z, rar, etc.) with the appropriate plugins, it doesn't give the option to compress using different levels of compression via GUI (High, Normal/Fast, etc.) unlike many other utilities. This can be set however using gconf-editor.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2002-12-11. Retrieved 2016-02-24.
- "GNOME 3.28 Released". GNOME Foundation. 14 March 2018. Retrieved 27 June 2018.
- "File Roller makes archiving easy" Techrepublic. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- "3.4.1. Using File Roller" Centos.org. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- http://fileroller.sourceforge.net/features.html File Roller is only a graphical interface to archiving utilities
- Danny Stieben (15 August 2013)"Linux Archive Managers Compared: Ark vs. File Roller" MakeUseOf. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
|This GNOME-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|